Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (May 28, 2020)

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I was with Emirates in some variety of 777, not sure which one.  I try and restrict travel legs to a max of about 8 hours now.

I too hate lengthy flights. When traveling to/from the UK we always fly Emirates through Dubai which breaks up the journey.. And they have a hotel airside in the terminal in Dubai so we layover there for about 12 hours. Makes the trip almost pleasant!

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

And they have a hotel airside in the terminal in Dubai so we layover there for about 12 hours.

Have you figured out a way to get a good deal at the hotel?  I looked at it before and recall it being very expensive, but that was for my family of 5.  Family of 5 always makes booking harder and more expensive!

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Have you figured out a way to get a good deal at the hotel?  I looked at it before and recall it being very expensive, but that was for my family of 5.  Family of 5 always makes booking harder and more expensive!

Unfortunately not. They seem to have a captive market. We usually book through Expedia and get their additional nights rewards program. They do have occasional discounts but not usually when we want to stay there.

• Like 1