PAL

Gas
Posted
Posted

Flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) is resuming operations of scheduled flights on selected international and domestic routes starting June 1.

In an advisory, PAL said it will operate limited international services on routes to the USA, Canada, Guam, Vietnam, mainland China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore, Japan, the UAE, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.

Also, the airline said it will operate reduced number of domestic flights in most routes to and from its hub airport in Manila.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/money/topstories/pal-to-resume-select-flights-beginning-june-1/ar-BB14MKJE?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 4

Gas
Posted
Posted

Domestic commercial flights back

Major carriers have announced that they will resume domestic flight services starting this Friday.

PAL spokesperson Cielo Villaluna said the flag carrier would cater to passengers flying to and from the National Capital Region also on June 5.

In its latest advisory, PAL announced that the initial flights would include routes to Cebu, Davao, Dumaguete and Cagayan de Oro cities.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/domestic-commercial-flights-back/ar-BB14Z9cf?ocid=spartandhp

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Just to add a bit of info here...

During the past two days, I notice maybe two or three PAL flights arriving here in Davao... So I think things are opening up a bit?

I certainly hope so, because I need some parts for my car to be delivered from a shop in Manila to me here - before I die of old age!!!

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

somw flights WERE scheduled , till the local LGU said No flights....Happened in Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental. Apparently on Friday airlines and IATF will meet to get their stories straight.

Simple analysis of whos in charge... well its not the airlines, its not the IATF its not the Governers, its not even the LGU, but the Barangay Kagawad of the whichever barangay the airport is in. Hes the Big Cheese in the decision on whether to allow airlines to fly.

And as proven by this farce, The President ??  No hes enjoying his siesta in Davao as we speak.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Freebie said:

And as proven by this farce, The President ??  No hes enjoying his siesta in Davao as we speak.

Not doubting you, Freebie... but just curious... El Presidente is here in Davao again?

I have observed several PAL flights landing here in the past couple days...

Edited by Tommy T.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, Gas said:

Flag carrier Philippine Airlines

Gas

Please paste as plain text. Your second post cant even be partly copied due to all the html in it. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

"PAL also reminded passengers that the government still does not allow leisure travel on domestic routes."

Snipped from the article.  I wonder how they define "leisure travel"?

• Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Not doubting you, Freebie... but just curious... El Presidente is here in Davao again?

I have observed several PAL flights landing here in the past couple days...

Yes apparently he went back last Friday and decided to stay there till today. Apparently some of his IATF guys headed to Davao too this week.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Yes apparently he went back last Friday and decided to stay there till today. Apparently some of his IATF guys headed to Davao too this week.

Thanks for that... I saw at least two PAL flights come in for landings yesterday, but have no idea if more came in when I was busy... Usually there are helicopters buzzing past the apartment here when he is in town and there were a couple of fly-bys yesterday too. I just did not get hosed up with motorcades...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, Mike J said:

"PAL also reminded passengers that the government still does not allow leisure travel on domestic routes."

Snipped from the article.  I wonder how they define "leisure travel"?

Air Asia said,

Meanwhile, de Castro said guests must also check with the local government units (LGUs) regarding rules.

“Essential travel like business trips are allowed,” he said, adding that passengers should also keep in mind that every LGU has its own rules or guidelines.

https://www.canadianinquirer.net/2020/06/05/airasia-ph-introduces-contactless-check-in-as-flights-resume/