"It is clear that today the COVID-19 disease is different."

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know some like to discuss statistics and that so thought this is interesting. From Italy.

'Clinically no longer exists': Doctor claims coronavirus is losing potency

Spoiler

The coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor says.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

"We've got to get back to being a normal country," he said. "Someone has to take responsibility for terrorising the country."

The government urged caution, saying it was far too soon to claim victory.

"Pending scientific evidence to support the thesis that the virus has disappeared... I would invite those who say they are sure of it not to confuse Italians," Sandra Zampa, an undersecretary at the health ministry, said in a statement.

"We should instead invite Italians to maintain the maximum caution, maintain physical distancing, avoid large groups, to frequently wash their hands and to wear masks."

A second doctor from northern Italy told the ANSA news agency that he was also seeing the coronavirus weaken.

"The strength the virus had two months ago is not the same strength it has today," said Matteo Bassetti, head of the infectious diseases clinic at the San Martino hospital in the city of Genoa.

"It is clear that today the COVID-19 disease is different."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/italian-doctor-claims-coronavirus-is-losing-potency-230358136.html

deaths in italy.png

• Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well JGF

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

As my dear friend Louie continues to make slight improvement, still being ventilated three weeks now, I would be very reluctant to go out and mingle with people

not known to me or who are aware that they might have flu like symtoms.

What I can say with certainty is that more Asian staff than any other at my local hospital, have fallen victim to the virus, one dying in our area.

With talk of a possible second wave of this virus I myself my wife and close friends will continue to keep contact to a minimum.

Just my thoughts on this subject.....as Governments and Scientists try to convince us they got it right this time!

Here's how foolish people can be, lockdown has only just been opened with advice not to gather in groups of more than six, so some people headed to places known to be popular in their hundreds!

Durdle Door: Tombstoning continues despite three seriously hurt - BBC News

Edited by Kuya John
clarification
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Here's how foolish people can be, lockdown has only just been opened with advice not to gather in groups of more than six, so some people headed to places known to be popular in their hundreds!

Yes...I read about that.The problem is there could be 100 groups of 6 equating to 600 people in 1 place!  As long as people are going to be people then it's going to be an uphill battle to make great strides.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yes...I read about that.The problem is there could be 100 groups of 6 equating to 600 people in 1 place!  As long as people are going to be people then it's going to be an uphill battle to make great strides.  

Seem to be making great strides today in my area, first day of GCQ here as I look out my window and see nothing has changed at all. Still no people, jeepneys or taxi. Instead of 2 cars in the carpark down the road there was three so I guess some changes. :tongue:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Are you referring to the beach as being a dangerous place for Covid transmission?  I agree that if people crowd together it would be, but if they a sufficiently apart, it should be fine and healthy to be in the sun.

Regarding the Tombstoners, if people do that of their own choice, they should not send people out to look for them.  Sharks should take care of them.  When I was young and dumb and usually drunk and stoned, we used to go as high as 60-70 feet, but not dumb enough to do 60 meters!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seem to be making great strides today in my area, first day of GCQ here as I look out my window and see nothing has changed at all. Still no people, jeepneys or taxi. Instead of 2 cars in the carpark down the road there was three so I guess some changes. :tongue:

Unfortunately, in the UK they seem not to be so self-disciplined - give them an inch and they'll take a mile.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you referring to the beach as being a dangerous place for Covid transmission?  I agree that if people crowd together it would be, but if they a sufficiently apart, it should be fine and healthy to be in the sun.

Regarding the Tombstoners, if people do that of their own choice, they should not send people out to look for them.  Sharks should take care of them.  When I was young and dumb and usually drunk and stoned, we used to go as high as 60-70 feet, but not dumb enough to do 60 meters!

There is a photo i saw of the scene mentioned above - the rescue helicopter was on the beach therefore all the beachgoers were huddled together in a small area - no social distancing at all. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment ref. those who take risks not being rescued - where would we draw the line?  Should drunk people be treated when they get into fights at closing time?  And so on... 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

There is a photo i saw of the scene mentioned above - the rescue helicopter was on the beach therefore all the beachgoers were huddled together in a small area - no social distancing at all. 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment ref. those who take risks not being rescued - where would we draw the line?  Should drunk people be treated when they get into fights at closing time?  And so on... 

Yes, I wasn't paying attention to the photo and actually they look quite funny, like a herd of cattle!  Maybe they will get herd immunity!

I was only half serious on not rescuing them.  However, in many places where people do extreme sports, they get charged for the rescue, and it can be very expensive.  However, I don't think there is a charge for ruining everyone's day!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Unfortunately, in the UK they seem not to be so self-disciplined - give them an inch and they'll take a mile.  

Not everyone may I just add.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Not everyone may I just add.

Same everywhere in certain situations l think. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic