Advertising on this Forum

insite
Posted
Posted

I would like to solicit the opinions of others ( if I am permitted ) as to the conditions and costs of advertising on this forum .

I have already raised this issue with the management some time back and it is a work in progress and I await an outcome.

In the interim I thought to throw this subject out for discussion.

Presently the costs are high , the take up virtually non existent and the benefit to all of no consequence whatsoever.

I am fully aware that time , effort and money goes into running this site which brings enjoyment , convenience and assistance to us all.

Many other expat sites offer free advertising to members on a non commercial basis and charges commercial ventures.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, insite said:

I have already raised this issue with the management some time back and it is a work in progress and I await an outcome.

You seemed to have missed where the forum owner answered your support question on March 7th and you never replied to his question. Perhaps click on the Support button and you should see the reply there. 

reply.PNG

insite
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You seemed to have missed where the forum owner answered your support question on March 7th and you never replied to his question. Perhaps click on the Support button and you should see the reply there. 

reply.PNG

Thank you - I did receive that reply and was asked for thoughts and or suggestions which I was of the opinion I offered - your message above suggests however that they were not received - I will revert in this regard.

Regardless , what we have presently is a loose loose scenario all round and I am wondering if this can be somehow structured into a win win scenario and thought a robust debate from the members might enlighten us as to a possible means to do so.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

One post hidden awaiting reply from admin.

This is a privately owned forum with voluntary member participation.  When discussing the "business" of the forum I would suggest that is a private matter.  When admin is online he may think otherwise.

insite
Posted
Posted

Nothing is hidden - the content of the mail is clear - a request was made to reconsider the aspect of the unsuccessful advertising aspect of the forum and the reply is as you see it posted earlier - that was the last communication I received.

The forum and its business is sustained by participation of the membership and whilst it may be privately owned its success and or failure is predicated on involvement , interaction , discussion , exchange of opinions or ideas of the membership to stimulate and add value and share experience here in the Phills and is therefore a two way street - one hand washes the other - I have repeatily expressed my appreciation of the benefit it brings to myself and no doubt to one and all who participate in it in a rational and considerate manner.

It does not mean it cannot be improved hence my post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

Advertising rates have nothing to do with me but at a time the way I seen it is a member sells a house through the forum say for 6 million peso. If he uses an agent they take 10% so a fee of around 12k USD. The forum wanted from memory about 50 USD so small price to pay considering.

As for bits and pieces like classified  ads , no one wants to pay but usually someone has to edit, moderate or sort out the spam all for free so to me just a hassle. Jackub might think different.  

The other thing is when anyone wants to sell something someone always has to reply such as for example if selling a car, someone will say I had that model and piece of crap or not worth it bla bla and then away it goes where the ad is just a mess but un unpaid mod can fix it in his spare time.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Added we bit

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Advertising rates have nothing to do with me but at a time the way I seen it is a member sells a house through the forum say for 6 million peso. If he uses an agent they take 10% so a fee of around 12k USD. The forum wanted from memory about 50 USD so small price to pay considering.

Do people really pay 10% agent fees?  The last two houses I sold the agent fees were 2.1% and 2.5%.

I agree $50 is cheap advertising though, I paid $800 for the advertising for the sale of my last house.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Do people really pay 10% agent fees?  The last two houses I sold the agent fees were 2.1% and 2.5%.

I agree $50 is cheap advertising though, I paid $800 for the advertising for the sale of my last house.

I sold a number of houses in the US.  The rate there has been 7% for many years.  Typically broken down as 3% for the listing agent, 3% for selling agent, and 1% to the real estate broker.  Perhaps there is a lower rate for very expensive homes?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I sold a number of houses in the US.  The rate there has been 7% for many years.

Sorry...  I missed the US, I thought you were talking about the Philippines.

insite
Posted
Posted

Typically registered brokers in Davao ask for 5% but this can be negotiated with some.

Agents generally ask for 3%.

These rates are not set in stone and depending on the property value , desirability and your horse trading skills they can often be below these %'s