Seniors Stay at Home

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Front page of the Star this morning, Article about that even under Gcq that seniors must remain at home unless absolutely necessary. In the meantime a picture right next to the article showing a 82 year old man buying a bicycle so he could get to his fish vendor job. As if that is a vital industry :hystery: 

Sometimes you can not make this stuff up :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

We're now prisoners in a police state.

What a disaster. :sad:

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, graham59 said:

We're now prisoners in a police state.

What a disaster. :sad:

I agree with your sentiment, Graham.

However, at least here in Davao, stated policy or regulation and enforcement are definitely two different things. I seem to be able to travel freely just about anywhere I please. Of course, I am wearing a hat (covers the grey (white?)) and the mask and eyeglasses cover the wrinkles? So maybe I look 40-ish rather than 60+-ish?

Anyway, so far I have not had any problems going to hardware stores or driving to our property through two checkpoints along the way. Enforcement here seems much relaxed compared to even just one week ago, when ECQ was still in force...

Just my observations, not meant to be a comment on policy...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It should be "suggestions" or "recommendations" rather than commands.  There is also an implied threat of punishment assuming you don't obey authority.  By the time you are a senior citizen, chances are you can tell right from wrong.  The premise is seniors are the most vulnerable group.  They therefore assume most risks by going out.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

. . . seniors must remain at home . . . 

Remember when all the filipinas told us old goats that "Really?  You are that old?  You don't look a day over 50."

Well now is the time to put that to the test and see if ya get ID'd

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

bald mickey.jpg well I thought it was Funny  Grumpy.jpg

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not so far, Dave...:whistling:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Front page of the Star this morning, Article about that even under Gcq that seniors must remain at home unless absolutely necessary. In the meantime a picture right next to the article showing a 82 year old man buying a bicycle so he could get to his fish vendor job. As if that is a vital industry :hystery: 

Sometimes you can not make this stuff up :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

. In Resolution No. 43, it remains that youths aged 21 years old and below, seniors 60 years old and above, can't go out subject to exception of necessities and to work," said Roque in Filipino.

I suppose  eating is a necessity too.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I suppose  eating is a necessity too.

So is alcohol... But do they listen to us???? Nooo... But they allow me into hardware stores... go figure...:89:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

So is alcohol... But do they listen to us???? Nooo... But they allow me into hardware stores... go figure...:89:

:mocking:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic