Dofetilide

Charles John
Posted
Posted

Do anyone in the Philippines , besides myself, take Dofetilide for their heart?

How do you get it?  I need to go to the USA and it's becoming to expensive.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Charles.  I was not able to find anything searching via google.  Do you have a cardiologist here?  I would think they would have a source.  Good luck in your search.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I'm guessing your arrythmia might be Atrial Fibrillation if you're taking Dofetilide?

Maybe ask your Doctor about an alternative if you're finding Dofetilide difficult to get in the Philippines?  

NB And I cannot say this strongly enough,  you need to talk to your cardioligist or your GP before changing any medicine.

Charles John
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all who have replied to my inquire about Dofetilide. What I really need is information on

how to obtain it without leaving the Philippines. It's the perfect drug for me; I don't want to change. 

My hope is that someone else in the Philippines has found a source, possibly by mail order from a

pharmacy in India or somewhere else. To get it mailed to me from my family in the USA I need a RX

from a cardiologist  who require that he see me first.  Thanks for all your help.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Charles John said:

Thanks to all who have replied to my inquire about Dofetilide. What I really need is information on

how to obtain it without leaving the Philippines. It's the perfect drug for me; I don't want to change. 

My hope is that someone else in the Philippines has found a source, possibly by mail order from a

pharmacy in India or somewhere else. To get it mailed to me from my family in the USA I need a RX

from a cardiologist  who require that he see me first.  Thanks for all your help.

Yes, it a good idea to check other countries like India for prescription medication without a prescription.  I recall a cruise that included Cozumel, Mexico and there were hundreds of American seniors lined up at various pharmacies.  It was explained to me by a local that the seniors are from Miami on a 3 days cruise.  They buy medications and it helps pay for the trip because of the price difference.  Medicare does not pay for medicines unless you pay supplemental insurance.  Even then it's an 80/20 co-pay.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Yes, it a good idea to check other countries like India for prescription medication without a prescription.

As long as customs dont seize it and fine you for importing a prohibited drug. :smile:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As long as customs dont seize it and fine you for importing a prohibited drug. :smile:

You are permitted to bring into the United States a 90 days supply of foreign purchased prescription medication.  This is for personal use only - not for resale - and not prohibited for importation under US laws.  Narcotics and medical marijuana are examples of prohibition.  What seniors purchase overseas are items like heart and diabetic medication.  Another is erectile dysfunction medicines which cost 10 times more in the United States.   I don't know the current situation, but Americans use to cross into Canada to get their US prescriptions filled.  Much cheaper for the same brand name or generic drug.  (The US-Canada border is close at the present time.)  

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

You are permitted to bring into the United States a 90 days supply of foreign purchased prescription medication.  This is for personal use only - not for resale - and not prohibited for importation under US laws.  Narcotics and medical marijuana are examples of prohibition.  What seniors purchase overseas are items like heart and diabetic medication.  Another is erectile dysfunction medicines which cost 10 times more in the United States.   I don't know the current situation, but Americans use to cross into Canada to get their US prescriptions filled.  Much cheaper for the same brand name or generic drug.  (The US-Canada border is close at the present time.)  

I used to get some meds from a “Canada Drug” outlet / pharmacy in Florida for about a third of the cost in the USA.  Various names, but I see those types of stores all over the US;  especially in areas densely populated with seniors. Since meds are classified as essential products they are are still being shipped across the border. 

@ the OP - have you tried to ask any local pharmacies to special order it? 

Edited by Gator

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Not sure but the OP was asking about getting the drug here in the Philippines, perhaps by an Indian online pharmacy so my post had nothing to do with taking anything to the US or anywhere. :thumbsup:

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have found Mercury Drugstore very helpful at obtaining particular medicines not normally stocked. Other pharmacies simply shrugged their collective shoulders, ‘sorry sir-not available’!

I am sure there is a Mercury in Iloilo.

• Like 1