When will the current quarantine be lifted?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Arizona Tim said:

I was hoping there was a chance they would not be very stringent on enforcing this rule if I was at a condo unit though.

I can tell you where I live no guests or visitors get past the lobby at the moment. Why your even thinking about it now beats me as in another topic you said next year in March.

Arizona Tim
Posted
Posted

Thanks HK Blues and Jollygoodfellow. I didn't write anything about March. Maybe you read Manila and thought that I wrote March. My plans were to arrive this summer. I'm a PE teacher and have my summers off. I really don't want to have to wait another year to go back but it looks like that is the case. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Arizona Tim said:

I didn't write anything about March. Maybe you read Manila and thought that I wrote March.

Maybe I had you confused with another members posts. :thumbsup:

jimeve
Posted
Posted

They have started this nonsense again, asking your age. Refused entry to Robinson's mall this morning. Said I need a Q pass from my barangay captain, because I'm a senior.

Thought this nonsense was done with. Zero new cases in two months. Been told this has been relaxed. going backwards in this tiny city.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, jimeve said:

They have started this nonsense again, asking your age. Refused entry to Robinson's mall this morning. Said I need a Q pass from my barangay captain, because I'm a senior.

Thought this nonsense was done with. Zero new cases in two months. Been told this has been relaxed. going backwards in this tiny city.

I was refused entry to Robinson department store here in CDO  last week due to me being over 60. This is the first time I have been asked my age upon entering anywhere. I could enter the mall, just not the department store. Perhaps it’s just a Robinson’s thing?

All this, including Barangay exit passes, was supposed to have been relaxed at the end of last month with the downgrade of GCQ to MGCG, but seems to have been re-instated again. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Well... there appears to be some slightly better news on tap for Davao possibly beginning tomorrow? I found and article in SunStar:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1861864/Davao/Local-News/Sara-Duterte-Carpio-Modified-general-community-quarantine-ready

I read and article describing an announcement from Mayor Inday stating that she believes Davao will be permitted to switch to Modified GCQ and, if so, she will support that assessment. I hope this is true. I  won't stop all quarantine, but eases things another step. Hopefully she will relax the liquor ban too? (fingers crossed). She seems to feel that the local government has things under control at this time...

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Strange as it seems, The guard let me in Robinson's today but I went to the back of the mall , different guard. I marched up to him and said good afternoon sir and showed him my Q pass, he never asked my age, must of thought this one must be younger than 60. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 6/17/2020 at 2:51 PM, Arizona Tim said:

Thanks HK Blues and Jollygoodfellow. I didn't write anything about March. Maybe you read Manila and thought that I wrote March. My plans were to arrive this summer. I'm a PE teacher and have my summers off. I really don't want to have to wait another year to go back but it looks like that is the case. 

I know how you must feel Tim. We thought about visiting the entire summer this year but that's not going to happen. It's unfortunate times now best to stay home you wouldn't want to become stuck over there unable to return.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here are the new quarantine restrictions and areas for July 1 to July 15.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/744932/quarantine-status-of-provinces-cities-in-the-philippines-until-july-15/story/

President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday announced the quarantine classifications that will be implemented in the country in the next two weeks or until July 15.

Prior to the President’s announcement, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases informed the local government units about their possible quarantine status to give way to appeals.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the IATF resolved the appeals on Monday.

Enhanced Community Quarantine

OTHER STORIES
Displaced 58-year-old jeepney driver finds hope in new delivery service job
Roving priest blesses parishioners in their own homes
Duterte to reveal quarantine classifications on or before June 29 —Palace
BRAND TALK
Bring your school game to the next level
Cebu City
General Community Quarantine

National Capital Region
Benguet
Cavite
Rizal
Lapu Lapu City
Mandaue City
Leyte
Ormoc
Southern Leyte
Talisay City, Cebu
Towns of Minglanilla and Consolacion in Cebu province
Modified General Community Quarantine (With strict local action)

CAR: Abra, Baguio City, Ifugao, Kalinga
Region 1: Ilocos Norte, La Union, Pangasinan
Region 2: Cagayan, Isabela
Region 3: Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Angeles City
Region 4A: Batangas, Laguna, Quezon, Lucena City
Region 4B: Palawan, Puerto Princesa City
Region 5: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Naga City
Region 6: Capiz, Iloilo, Iloilo City, Negros Occidental, Bacolod City
Region 7: Cebu Province, Bohol, Negros Oriental
Region 8: Tacloban City, Western Samar
Region 9: Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur
Region 10: Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro
Region 11: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao City, Davao de Oro
Region 12: Cotabato, South Cotabato
Region 13: Agusan del Norte, Butuan City
BARMM: Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur
Modified General Community Quarantine (Low risk)
(Rest of the Philippines)

Under the Omnibus Guidelines of the Community Quarantine in the Philippines, ECQ refers to the "implementation of temporary measures imposing stringent limitations on movement and transportation of people, strict regulation of operating industries, provision of food and essential services, and heightened presence of uniformed personnel to enforce community."

GCQ refers to the implementation of temporary measures limiting movement and transportation, regulation of operating industries, and presence of uniformed personnel to enforce community quarantine protocols.

MGCQ refers to the transition phase between GCQ and the New Normal, when temporary measures are relaxed:  limiting movement and transportation regulation of operating industries, and presence of uniformed personnel to enforce community quarantine protocols become less necessary.

MGQC was divided into two categories: one which requires “strict local action” including zoning, localized community quarantine, strict enforcement or minimum health standards, and scale up of health systems; and the other category, which classifies areas as “low risk,” according to Health Secretary Francisco Duque III

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Well... MGCQ is now in effect for sure here in Davao...

Checkpoints are totally relaxed and they seem to just be checking for masks or jeepney passenger compliance.

I still do not go to malls (and truly do not miss that experience!), but L does when she needs to shop for us. Plus, she is attending her school more often now for various meetings that never seem to end...

However, the alcohol ban is still in effect:sad:, but sometimes there are ways around it... 'nuff said about that...

I guess we will now just wait and see what happens here and elsewhere in Philippines regarding virus spread and related illnesses.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic