Leaving the UK

Terry P
Posted
Posted

When the restrictions are over I'm moving to the Philippines permanently

I'm considering entering on 30 day visa free extending and going on visa trips

I have a Filipina partner and our intention is to marry when her annulment is sorted at which time we will be married there

I'm investing the vast majority of what I have in the family's business so my solvency will be hard to prove

I've researched extensively and came up with confusing information about what documents and other requirements there are

so has anyone done this already and what's the best way forward

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I have to ask, how much time have you spent in the Philippines?  And are you aware you’re not allowed to be involved in a business on a tourist visa.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, TerryP said:

I have a Filipina partner and our intention is to marry when her annulment is sorted at which time we will be married there

I'm investing the vast majority of what I have in the family's business so my solvency will be hard to prove

Hi TerryP

Welcome to the forum mate, you made a good choice.  Lots of good advice to be found here via the members and using the search engine at the top of the page.

As GeoffH asks, have you been to the Philippines before, if yes how much time have you spent here?  Your answer is relevant as if you have spent time here you will already have an idea how things work. 

Annulments are time consuming and expensive. Many filipinas want them but often never achieve in getting an annulment. As your partner is still married you have to be careful if you choose to cohabitate, if she has a husband that wants revenge/money etc you could both find yourself in prison if he was to pursue things through the authorities.  

Am i correct in reading that you are intending to invest your money in her family's business?  I truly hope that is not the case but it's probably best if you can give some more information on the subject before we wade in with advice.  Out of curiosity, whereabouts are you from in the UK?

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum TerryP

Tread carefully, lots of experiences that forum members have had, to guide you if you sift through with the browse button top left. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Love it 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow, as others have said just be very careful, but I wish you well in all you are trying to achieve.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

My sincere apologs for wondering if this is a 'wind-up'.  :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, graham59 said:

My sincere apologs for wondering if this is a 'wind-up'.  :unsure: