Leaving the UK

graham59
Posted
Posted

A RETURN or onward ticket will be needed when wishing to enter the Philippines.  

baronapart
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, TerryP said:

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well

Haven't been on for a while

Didn't seem a lot of point while the world was closed

Looks like there's an end on the horizon so it's time to return my attention to getting out of the UK

Decided in June to book a one way with Qatar airways £500 a little expensive but I'm able to rebook with no fees or price hike as many times as I want latest flight date is end of January might be a little ambitious but I can rebook again. I thought it was a smart thing to do. I can envisage flight prices escalating if you are even able to get one when the skies open up for us

I've found out you can apply to the Philippines embassy in UK for your 29 day extension and no fees and it's valid for 3 months apparently it's 3days to process

If that's useful to anyone check it out online at eTA Philippines

Anyone who remembers me the family has a haulage business there. That's going great we've added 2 trucks to the fleet. We're hauling essential goods so no problems with travel restrictions. That's income plus for us all

The missus and her sons seem to have a grip on everything over there including looking out for changes that'll effect me

Having said that you guys are directly affected by any significant changes to expat changes over there so a heads up would be appreciated

The only way to enter the Philippines now on a tourist visa is if you are a spouse of a Filipino or the parent of a child living there. Last I read here you were looking into an annulment. There is also a high priced investor visa but that seems like a boondoggle.

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

A RETURN or onward ticket will be needed when wishing to enter the Philippines.  

Correct me if I'm wrong

I've got a throwaway sorted via a travel agent friend of my missus in Bacolod 

I'll get an e-ticket with the appropriate date at the end of first 29 day visa when that becomes clear

I'll use that to get my visa via eTA Philippines

baronapart
Posted
Posted

For my post above. When it gets approved ;-) From the UK Embassy website. It is the same here in the States.

http://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/visa

Terry P
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, baronapart said:

The only way to enter the Philippines now on a tourist visa is if you are a spouse of a Filipino or the parent of a child living there. Last I read here you were looking into an annulment. There is also a high priced investor visa but that seems like a boondoggle.

Annulment is something I've shelved till I get there. Will take a serious look at this certificate of abandonment when I get there

Trying to get accurate information relating to our particular case remotely is a waste of energy

My reference to visas is the assumption that when things start opening up again I presume the procedure will be the same as precovid

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, TerryP said:

Correct me if I'm wrong

I've got a throwaway sorted via a travel agent friend of my missus in Bacolod 

I'll get an e-ticket with the appropriate date at the end of first 29 day visa when that becomes clear

I'll use that to get my visa via eTA Philippines

In theory, that sounds okay, under the original (pre-covid) regs. 

As for how these rules and regs may be changed due to the covid situation... your guess is as good as mine.

Considering the fairly small difference in price between a return and a single air ticket, I would prefer to play safe, and buy a return. Nothing worse than the nice lady in the departure lounge refusing to board you. :(

• Like 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

Considering the fairly small difference in price between a return and a single air ticket, I would prefer to play safe, and buy a return. Nothing worse than the nice lady in the departure lounge refusing to board you. :(

The difference can be substantial when you can get very cheap throw away ticket or even for free when you put the return ticket on hold. A ticket (return ticket or single ticket) is still a ticket, covid or no covid...

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

The difference can be substantial when you can get very cheap throw away ticket or even for free when you put the return ticket on hold. A ticket (return ticket or single ticket) is still a ticket, covid or no covid...

Yes, we should always examine the full range of options. 

'covid or no covid'  is the fly in the ointment now though. At present, NOTHING can be relied upon to be the same, further down the (flight ?) line.   IMHO

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

'covid or no covid'  is the fly in the ointment now though. At present, NOTHING can be relied upon to be the same, further down the (flight ?) line.   IMHO

I'm with you Graham

I just have to wait till things ease and deal with what comes and hope some BI official doesn't come up with some bizarre new rule

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

This does not make any sense... So what you are saying is that once tourists are allowed, if I want to go on vacation and spend 2 weeks in Philippines and 1 week in Hong Kong, I will need to take 24 hours flights from Miami to Philippines, spend 2 weeks in the Philippines, spend another 24 hours to return to Miami on the same airline and then take another 24 hours flights from Miami to Hong kong for the rest of my vacation? Make no sense at all...