Quarantine Wine

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, insite said:

Jim - how many uses do you get from the flip tops before the need to change the gaskets ?

Never used them before. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Certain Philippine fruits can be used to make wine. One of them for my home brew project was Bignay because there was a large tree in our yard and one at the neighbors. The problem was the berries would stain clothes if you are not careful. Tried making wine from Guava, but the taste was rather nasty.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Well.... I am excited because Lazada has informed me that they will be delivering my order of wine yeast within the next day or two...!!! Happy days!

• Like 3

insite
Posted
Posted

I tried a second one last night - crisp , clear and quiet delicious               viber_image_2020-06-11_21-02-23.jpg viber_image_2020-06-11_21-02-59.jpg

• Like 2

insite
Posted
Posted

Future Bar Drinking

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

some head on that beer, if they served that to me i'd tell them where is the rest.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

some head on that beer, if they served that to me i'd tell them where is the rest.

Maybe that was beer served at the Happy Hour price (50% off)? Otherwise you pay more, then you don't get any head...(:hystery:)

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, insite said:

I tried a second one last night - crisp , clear and quiet delicious

That looks perfect! Nicely done, Insite!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe that was beer served at the Happy Hour price (50% off)? Otherwise you pay more, then you don't get any head...(:hystery:)

Love a good head. :dance:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 6/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, JJReyes said:

Certain Philippine fruits can be used to make wine. One of them for my home brew project was Bignay because there was a large tree in our yard and one at the neighbors. The problem was the berries would stain clothes if you are not careful. Tried making wine from Guava, but the taste was rather nasty.

I will have to try doing this with lancones. There are several lancones trees on the property. I remember my parents made dandelion wine once... It was palatable...but ...just... They only did it once. I helped by picking all the dandelion flowers for it... never again...