Quarantine Wine

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, insite said:

I am on an IMac

Try hovering the mouse over the member picture that you want to PM, click on message from the popup window.

Send PM.jpg

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just bottled my ginger beer, not enough beer bottles so had to improvise.  mas sarap. 

IMG_20200622_114239275.jpgIMG_20200622_114248091.jpg

IMG_20200622_114824486.jpg

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Are those flip tops attaching to regular beer bottles and holding OK ?

The Cran Apple is nor responding very well despite some additional sugar and yeast - this is day 4 and as yet there is very little fermentation by comparison to the apple juice - the bottle says artificial preservative free

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, insite said:

Are those flip tops attaching to regular beer bottles and holding OK ?

Yeah, they fit perfectly, just a bit fiddly to put on. Need to take them apart and place them on the bottle neck then put the small bolt through and place the tiny screw on.

Wife had to do it for me, kept losing patience.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, insite said:

The Cran Apple is nor responding very well despite some additional sugar and yeast - this is day 4 and as yet there is very little fermentation by comparison to the apple juice - the bottle says artificial preservative free

If that is truly preservative free, it almost sounds like some other contamination problem? Or - scary thought - maybe something leaching from the plastic bottle? 

insite
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

If that is truly preservative free, it almost sounds like some other contamination problem? Or - scary thought - maybe something leaching from the plastic bottle? 

I would be hesitant to think it something leaching off the plastic.

It says on the bottle it is free of artificial preservative but perhaps there is some other form of natural preservative that is inhibiting the fermentation.

I have just now returned from SR and today there is no apple juice as the 3.9 L Tree Top - just the Cran Apple which we are discussing.

I ran into my mate who introduced me to this earlier - he said he used a juice he found in GMall that gave him the best results - he could not remember the name off the top of hos head but said he will pass it on as soon as he finds it and I in turn will post it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

insite
Posted
Posted

I believe this may be available but I did not notice it - it comes in 1.5L containers

viber_image_2020-06-22_19-44-26.jpg

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

This is it now - I will buy some Wednesday if available to test

viber_image_2020-06-22_22-18-12.jpg

• Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, insite said:

I would be hesitant to think it something leaching off the plastic.

It says on the bottle it is free of artificial preservative but perhaps there is some other form of natural preservative that is inhibiting the fermentation.

I have just now returned from SR and today there is no apple juice as the 3.9 L Tree Top - just the Cran Apple which we are discussing.

I ran into my mate who introduced me to this earlier - he said he used a juice he found in GMall that gave him the best results - he could not remember the name off the top of hos head but said he will pass it on as soon as he finds it and I in turn will post it here.

I used Mott's apple juice, fermented out no problems when I made some apple wine, but could only find 1.9 liter bottles.

insite
Posted
Posted

Finally starting to ferment well - will leave it till Sat to decant and that will be 8 days.

• Like 2