Quarantine Wine

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, insite said:

Finally starting to ferment well - will leave it till Sat to decant and that will be 8 days.

So you are using just straight cranberry juice for this now? (looking at your photo)

insite
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So you are using just straight cranberry juice for this now? (looking at your photo)

No I am using Cran Apple - there was no 4L Tree Top in SR so I decided to give this a try

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, insite said:

No I am using Cran Apple - there was no 4L Tree Top in SR so I decided to give this a try

Okay... I was just looking at your photo and it looked like only cranberry juice. I am glad it finally started to ferment. I am looking forward to read about your results since I have all I need to  make my own, but don't want to waste time or money or effort on something that doesn't work.

I hope you left a bottle or two of Cran-Apple on the shelf at S&R?:smile:

insite
Posted
Posted

Plenty left Tommy - the place was awash with them Monday - I am waiting for the TT Apple to come on stream as I can assure you that definitely worked.

It will be about 10 days before I try the CA and will give you a heads up around then.

Have ordered the juniper berries and caraway seeds for some gin experiments - have plenty of the star aniseed , cardamom , cinnamon etc here already that I use for Indian cooking.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, insite said:

Plenty left Tommy - the place was awash with them Monday - I am waiting for the TT Apple to come on stream as I can assure you that definitely worked.

It will be about 10 days before I try the CA and will give you a heads up around then.

Have ordered the juniper berries and caraway seeds for some gin experiments - have plenty of the star aniseed , cardamom , cinnamon etc here already that I use for Indian cooking.

Thanks for the update, Insite...

Totally off the thread, so apologies to wine lovers.

I love to prepare Indian curries frequently. In another thread, I inquired about procuring the spices and seasonings but received mixed replies. May I ask where you buy yours? I know there is an Indian food specialty store located just on the north side of the bridge on Quirino Street, but have not gone there due to the lack of parking spaces in that area...

The regular grocery stores carry nothing.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Related post.  I just finished building a bar out of mahogany with ceramic tile top.   Fun project during quarantine and I am looking forward to using it. :7500:

Bar serving side.jpg

Bar drinking side.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

insite
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

Related post.  I just finished building a bar out of mahogany with ceramic tile top.   Fun project during quarantine and I am looking forward to using it. :7500:

Bar serving side.jpg

Bar drinking side.jpg

Very nice just a dash short perhaps -

insite
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks for the update, Insite...

Totally off the thread, so apologies to wine lovers.

I love to prepare Indian curries frequently. In another thread, I inquired about procuring the spices and seasonings but received mixed replies. May I ask where you buy yours? I know there is an Indian food specialty store located just on the north side of the bridge on Quirino Street, but have not gone there due to the lack of parking spaces in that area...

The regular grocery stores carry nothing.

There are a few places to buy Indian spices , flours and Basmati rice - the first in front of PWC in Juna which is the one I use most often 

There are a number of other  on the road to DMSF college running away from Victoria but I use them very infrequently.

In GMall you can now get Pataks curry bases which you can use as is or enhance as we do - also  today we found an expanded  great range of Indian breads which are delicious - we do them in an air fryer

Will send you location maps  for these places a bit later

Before  house arrest we had a group here in Davao who had regular curry evenings , once every six weeks or so  - Indian , Thai and Malaysian - if we are ever liberated and get this going again perhaps you would like to join. 

1593007047372.JPEG

1593007047903.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

insite
Posted
Posted

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.19.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.20.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.22.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.23.37 PM.png

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, insite said:

There are a few places to buy Indian spices , flours and Basmati rice - the first in front of PWC in Juna which is the one I use most often 

There are a number of other  on the road to DMSF college running away from Victoria but I use them very infrequently.

In GMall you can now get Pataks curry bases which you can use as is or enhance as we do - also  today we found an expanded  great range of Indian breads which are delicious - we do them in an air fryer

Will send you location maps  for these places a bit later

Before  house arrest we had a group here in Davao who had regular curry evenings , once every six weeks or so  - Indian , Thai and Malaysian - if we are ever liberated and get this going again perhaps you would like to join. 

Thanks for the info, Insite!

Yes, I have seen the curry bases at G-Mall. I am hoping that the new G-Mall nearer where the home is being constructed might carry some of the same international products as the old one downtown? I'm not sure how that will go since it does not look like it is as large a store, but I haven't ventured inside yet. In fact, I haven't been food shopping now for over two months - and don't miss doing that either. But I know it's a burden for L who is now super busy with school teaching preps for the "new normal" teaching methods.

Whenever things relax a bit, I will seek out those stores. I am aware of the ones on the road from V-Mall, but have not checked them out yet. We ate at a very small place not far from Lache's; it had an open kitchen that appeared fairly clean and the food was good.

Thanks, too, for the invite. I am sure I could learn some new curry recipes since my repertoire is rather limited to Indian fare.

We would be interested to try that curry evening, depending on when it will be safe and permitted. It might also make a difference depending on location. I try not to drive so much after dark any more and you know what rush hours traffic is like departing the city on most days (i.e. 4 pm until 10 pm)? The new home is on the other side of Mintal from the city and traffic going there is often brutal...