Shipping Gear to the Philippines

Brown
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

One other thing to try, is look for any oriental food store. Most have shipping to asia . If not they may know who does. And if you are really lucky and find a Pinoy food store, I'm sure they would know! Also try LBC freight, and ask to see if they would ship Balikbayan! Good luck! :shades:

Just checked LBC and it's super expensive! No oriental food stores nearby.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Brown said:

Yeah, actually that's what I want to find out... if it's worth shipping or better to sell and buy again. The main thing I wouldn't want to buy again are my home studio gear: electric guitar, studio monitor, computer monitor, midi keyboard, and perhaps some important items like water filter. I checked couriers are very expensive. I think I could pack it up in 4-5 larger boxes.

We moved from Hong Kong to here.  We had enough to fill a 20' container - from memory it cost around $3,500 USD 5 years ago.  That included full packing and unpacking at either end and storage for 2 or 3 months. I'd say it was definitely worth it as we obviously didn't have to buy all new here and I find the choice here is not always that great.  Quality is also an issue but there are good quality stores here but the prices are relatively high.  

• Like 1

Brown
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

We moved from Hong Kong to here.  We had enough to fill a 20' container - from memory it cost around $3,500 USD 5 years ago.  That included full packing and unpacking at either end and storage for 2 or 3 months. I'd say it was definitely worth it as we obviously didn't have to buy all new here and I find the choice here is not always that great.  Quality is also an issue but there are good quality stores here but the prices are relatively high.  

That's quite expensive for me. My whole studio equipment cost about that much.

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Brown said:

I would still explore 'Balikbayan' possibilities. Sounds ideal for your situation. I sent lots of electronic equipment, computer stuff, Hi-Fi equipment , etc.

The boxes go by sea, and take 8-10 weeks normally (door to door).  Well worth it IMO.

So make sure the prices you are getting are for sea freight, not air freight.

As I said previously...might be worth shipping from a neighbouring country, if they have Balikbayan box (which it has to be) facilities there.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Brown said:

I guess it depends how much your'e shipping - we sent 75 boxes!  Furniture, clothes, electrical goods, household stuff etc.  

Brown
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess it depends how much your'e shipping - we sent 75 boxes!  Furniture, clothes, electrical goods, household stuff etc.  

I see. Well all I would need to send is 4-5 boxes.

Brown
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

I would still explore 'Balikbayan' possibilities. Sounds ideal for your situation. I sent lots of electronic equipment, computer stuff, Hi-Fi equipment , etc.

The boxes go by sea, and take 8-10 weeks normally (door to door).  Well worth it IMO.

So make sure the prices you are getting are for sea freight, not air freight.

As I said previously...might be worth shipping from a neighbouring country, if they have Balikbayan box (which it has to be) facilities there.

Right, but I still haven't found a Balikbayan in Hungary.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Brown said:

Right, but I still haven't found a Balikbayan in Hungary.

There probably is none. Best to just find any shipping company and get a quote for what you want shipped.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Brown said:

Balikbayan in Hungary

google Philippine consulate Budapest..........i bet if you call them they would know. They probably use a service of some sort :thumbsup:

Brown
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, scott h said:

google Philippine consulate Budapest..........i bet if you call them they would know. They probably use a service of some sort :thumbsup:

Alright, will try that. Thanks!