considering retirement in the philippines.

sigbin
Posted
Posted

are there any expats living in san carlos, negros?   i am retired and am thinking of retiring in the philippines.  need some input from those expats living there.  thanks!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

I'm sure someone can give insight to your question soon. Have you visited Philippines lately? I do see you are Filipino American.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome.  I visited San Carlos for a couple of days.  While a visit is not long enough to make any serious recommendations, I will say that if I had to choose between Cebu City and San Carlos, I would definitely choose San Carlos.  Traffic much less congested and the city seemed cleaner and less chaotic than Cebu City.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome sigbin

There is plenty of good advice to be found if you browse through the different topics via the browser key top left corner.

It's true that quite a lot of Pandemic threads seem to be the theme at present, but still plenty of subject matter to be found regarding thoughts on moving to Philippines.

There is also a ignore button too if you are troubled by cynics and know-alls :hystery:

( Just found it, you click on your handle name and it's at the bottom, follow instructions ) :shades:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

af62841425ba1f7212f162a3957b355f.jpg

I can't remember us having the photo taken OMW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sigbin
Posted
Posted

hahaaa.  thanks guys.  i'll keep browsing and taking notes.

sigbin
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

Welcome.  I visited San Carlos for a couple of days.  While a visit is not long enough to make any serious recommendations, I will say that if I had to choose between Cebu City and San Carlos, I would definitely choose San Carlos.  Traffic much less congested and the city seemed cleaner and less chaotic than Cebu City.

Hi MIke J.  I visited San Carlos for the first time last December.  Seemed less hectic than Cebu.  Went to visit Cebu, Manila and Baguio as well.  Traffic everywhere is just discouraging.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, sigbin said:

Hi MIke J.  I visited San Carlos for the first time last December.  Seemed less hectic than Cebu.  Went to visit Cebu, Manila and Baguio as well.  Traffic everywhere is just discouraging.

It's not going to get better in the foreseeable future. That said there remain many very lovely areas in Philippines to visit or live.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1