And back to ECQ for Cebu city

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I cant really say what I think about this otherwise I would have to be put on moderation. :Caught: :bonk:

https://www.rappler.com/nation/263884-duterte-cebu-city-strict-lockdown-again-ecq-june-16

Duterte places Cebu City on lockdown again
After a spike in coronavirus cases, Cebu City is back to enhanced community quarantine starting June 16, from the more relaxed general community quarantine

MANILA, Philippines – After a marked rise in coronavirus cases, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered stricter quarantine protocols over Cebu City, placing the city on lockdown again starting June 16.

Duterte made this decision on Monday, June 15, the day the general community quarantine (GCQ) period was supposed to expire for Cebu City.

"President Rodrigo Duterte...placed Cebu City under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) starting June 16," Roque said in a statement past midnight of Tuesday, June 16.

The cities of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu will remain under GCQ, while Talisay City, a component city under the province of Cebu, will be placed under modified ECQ until June 30, 2020.

Since June 1, Metro Manila, Cebu City, and several provinces in the country have been under GCQ, a phase that critically allows limited public transportation.

The rest of the country had been downgraded to modified general community quarantine (MGCQ), which is the loosest quarantine phase, where public transportation may resume full-capacity operations, dine-in in restaurants, cinemas and gyms may re-open at half capacity, and public gatherings permitted with limitations.

Ahead of Duterte's decision, at least 6 local government units appealed to the government's coroanvirus task force to tighten quarantine restrictions in their areas.

Among these were Cebu City, which recommended a return to a modified enhanced community quarantine, while the provinces of Quezon, Abra, Apayao, Lanao del Sur, and the Caraga region wanted a GCQ.

Reasons for decision. Deciding whether or not to further ease quarantine restrictions in Cebu City was among the issues that dominated task force meetings on Monday.

The Philippines recorded over 26,000 confirmed coronavirus cases as of Monday, including 1,098 deaths and over 6,000 recoveries.

Days before the decision, University of the Philippines experts warned that Cebu province's rise in new cases shows it is the country's "second major battleground." They predicted 11,000 cases in the island province by June 30.

Their study also showed Cebu City with a reproduction number of 2, even higher than Metro Manila's reproduction number of 0.96 at the time.

The reproduction number is one measurement of the virus' spread that looks at the "transmission potential" of a disease or the number of people one positive case can infect.

A reproduction number higher than 1 means a person in that area with a disease can infect more than one person, which indicates that the disease is able to spread more rapidly there. Experts say the goal is to bring the reproduction number way below 1 in order to say the outbreak has been managed.

Roque said the increasing number of new cases and widespread community transmission in majority of barangays in the city, as well as consistent case doubling time of less than 7 days were factors in reverting Cebu City reverted back to ECQ

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

It won't change anything at all for me, since I'll be quarantined for 16 days as soon as I land in Cebu next week, since my flight to Manila has been re-routed To Cebu. I'll have to wait for 2 days in quarantine until my swab test results come in, and even if I'm negative for COVID-19, I'll get an additional 14 days of quarantine. After all of my years in Luzon,  I'll finally get to go to Cebu, but all that I'll ever see is a quarantine room. :angry_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

This makes future decisions easier.... 

• I'm Confused 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack D said:

It won't change anything at all for me, since I'll be quarantined for 16 days as soon as I land in Cebu next week, since my flight to Manila has been re-routed To Cebu. I'll have to wait for 2 days in quarantine until my swab test results come in, and even if I'm negative for COVID-19, I'll get an additional 14 days of quarantine. After all of my years in Luzon,  I'll finally get to go to Cebu, but all that I'll ever see is a quarantine room. :angry_80_anim_gif:

Well Jack wish you well with this, trust your able to keep the forum updated as we will be most interested in proceedings.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I'll be watching this with interest, at the moment the Aussie border is still closed so I can't exit the country but I do want to go back when I can (preferably without spending ages in a quarantine compound... a motel would be bad enough!).

Arizona Tim
Posted
Posted

Hi Jack. When do you arrive to Cebu? Are you able to stay in an airbnb condo as part of your quarantine? Are you allowed to have any visitors?  Does anyone know If you can quarantine in an airbnb in Manila as well? 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Arizona Tim said:

Hi Jack. When do you arrive to Cebu? Are you able to stay in an airbnb condo as part of your quarantine? Are you allowed to have any visitors?  Does anyone know If you can quarantine in an airbnb in Manila as well? 

The idea of quarantine is to ensure you are kept away from everyone until you are deamed virus free.  If you should happen to sneak a visitor in and got caught you could be in serious trouble and may find you'll be leaving the country sooner than you thought.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Arizona Tim said:

If you quarantine in Manila you have to select a hotel from a lsit given to you. They range from the hot sheet short time type motels to 5 star places in Makati. I have an Aussie friend that returned recently and he was in Dusit Thani for 3 days waiting for swab test results.... I think it was P5500 per day including 2 meals. No visitors allowed and no leaving the room. Meals were placed outside his door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2020 at 3:11 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I cant really say what I think about this otherwise I would have to be put on moderation.

Tell me about it.  Last week I chatted with the highest power in our local land and she told me we would be on MGCQ this week and she was looking into relaxed rules for kids and seniors.

Nothing.  We are still on GCQ.  Nothing for kids and seniors.  We have no cases.  Never had any.  Olongapo has no active cases.  Zambales changed to MGCQ.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Tell me about it.  Last week I chatted with the highest power in our local land and she told me we would be on MGCQ this week and she was looking into relaxed rules for kids and seniors.

Nothing.  We are still on GCQ.  Nothing for kids and seniors.  We have no cases.  Never had any.  Olongapo has no active cases.  Zambales changed to MGCQ.

Makes you wonder who is making these decisions.

Today I went to the supermarket and as usual had to show my pass but this time as well as security there was a cop for some reason and had to show ID just to shop in the supermarket. 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic