Jump to content

And back to ECQ for Cebu city


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Tell me about it.  Last week I chatted with the highest power in our local land and she told me we would be on MGCQ this week and she was looking into relaxed rules for kids and seniors.

Nothing.  We are still on GCQ.  Nothing for kids and seniors.  We have no cases.  Never had any.  Olongapo has no active cases.  Zambales changed to MGCQ.

Here in Iloilo we are on MGCQ but over 60 can still not go out.  Since I have gray hair, but not a senior, I have to show ID to get in stores ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Makes you wonder who is making these decisions.

Today I went to the supermarket and as usual had to show my pass but this time as well as security there was a cop for some reason and had to show ID just to shop in the supermarket. 

The additional procedures appear to be inefficiency for Westerners.  What it really does is provide more employment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information Freebie. That's a steep hotel price but manageable for a few days I suppose. Do you know if, assuming my covid test is negative upon entering the Philippines, I could then stay at a airbnb condo for the 14 day quarantine? I read that you must stay at a government facility or approved quarantine hotel for the first 2 to 5 days, while awaiting results, but I was wondering what my options would be for the second stage 14 day quarantine afterwards. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arizona Tim said:

Thanks for the information Freebie. That's a steep hotel price but manageable for a few days I suppose. Do you know if, assuming my covid test is negative upon entering the Philippines, I could then stay at a airbnb condo for the 14 day quarantine? I read that you must stay at a government facility or approved quarantine hotel for the first 2 to 5 days, while awaiting results, but I was wondering what my options would be for the second stage 14 day quarantine afterwards. Thanks. 

Its a good question and Im not sure. Im assuming that if you test negative theres no more need for quarantine, as what would be the point..... but the IATF seems to change the rules daily. My friend who stayed in hotel after test, and was released after testing negative , well he just went home.  So in truth Im not sure.... I would say call the Powers that Be.. but you and I know if you spoke to two of them you would get two diametrically opposite answers to your query.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2020 at 12:01 PM, Freebie said:

If you quarantine in Manila you have to select a hotel from a lsit given to you. They range from the hot sheet short time type motels to 5 star places in Makati. I have an Aussie friend that returned recently and he was in Dusit Thani for 3 days waiting for swab test results.... I think it was P5500 per day including 2 meals. No visitors allowed and no leaving the room. Meals were placed outside his door.

My sister-in-law is a returning OFW from Malaysia. She is coming some time in the next couple of weeks. First they told her she would have to be tested before she boarded the flight (which makes sense to me), now they say she will be tested in Manila.  A 3-5 day quarantine while awaiting results - luckily for OFWs the hotel is paid for by the OWWA (she thinks).  After a negative result she will get transported to a quarantine center in her town, on Panay island.  Then, after the 2 weeks quarantine she can go home (maybe an exit test?).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Here in Iloilo we are on MGCQ but over 60 can still not go out.  Since I have gray hair, but not a senior, I have to show ID to get in stores ha ha

I was talking to one of our customers from Iloilo earlier and seniors can go out. Not sure about Malls, but they are allowed outside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Makes you wonder who is making these decisions.

Today I went to the supermarket and as usual had to show my pass but this time as well as security there was a cop for some reason and had to show ID just to shop in the supermarket. 

They also did a similar thing in Laguna and manila during ECQ.  Certain folks have no respect for the guards, so a police presence is sometimes necessary to enforce the rules. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Manager
3 hours ago, Gas said:

They also did a similar thing in Laguna and manila during ECQ.  Certain folks have no respect for the guards, so a police presence is sometimes necessary to enforce the rules. 

They never asked for ID in the several weeks before going back to ECQ or during the first round of ECQ but anyway its no big deal.In this area I doubt if any show disrespect for security but might in other areas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gas said:

I was talking to one of our customers from Iloilo earlier and seniors can go out. Not sure about Malls, but they are allowed outside. 

There are, of course, different rules floating around.  On 1JUN the palace said all residents can leave their homes in MGCQ. While the  IATF Resolution No. 43, June 03, 2020 says under 21 & over 60 have to stay in their homes (Resolution 41 allowed them out). Then  the Iloilo governor issued EO 128-A on 6JUN reinstating the 24 hour  quarantine on over 60 and under 21 (EO 128 relaxed it on 1JUN).   Which rule takes priority?  No one knows ha ha 

What do you want - consistency :tiphat: 

...and yes I have all of these PDFs saved. Too many friends ask me the current rules.  ha ha 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Manager
6 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

and yes I have all of these PDFs saved. Too many friends ask me the current rules.  ha ha 

Have you heard what the rules will be once we get into BBQ? :shades:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...