Armageddon outta here

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I mentioned in another thread that I have a flight out on Jul 7th to LAX with PAL, well I got an email this morning and they changed my flight to the 8th for "logistical reasons", they did give me the option to cancel or change dates, the problem is I had arrangement for a hotel and onward ticket the following morning, sucks because I had a really good deal on an upgrade to first class on that next day flight. I know with the virus we can't expect things to run smoothly but it seems like every time I fly out of here something goes wrong. So I have a question, has anyone flown out of here with a BB stamp after 6 months stay but before it expired WITHOUT an ECC, my understanding is I don't need it but there's so much conflicting information, thanks. I was also wondering if they will give me a BB stamp on my return without my wife with me.

roddavis
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have always been able to fly out before BB visa expires ( 1 yr) no ECC. By what you are saying if you only been 6 mo on a 1 year visa, can you return on that same BB visa? I don't think you could without the filipina in tow. To continue on the same 1 year BB visa on return, I would bet that you will enter on visitor visa without wife. Can't answer if she does accompany if you are trying to use the unexpired portion for sure. I think your BB visa expires the moment you leave the country!  

Upon return -no wife with you cannot get BB stamp!

Edited by roddavis
add ECC
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Isn't the BB valid for up to 1 year? That would suggest it expires anytime you leave in that year. As per above, I don't think it's possible to get a BB unless you enter with your wife.

• Like 2

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

In the last 11 months my wife and i have left and came back 3 times resitting the date on the BB each time. also i feel you pain with Philippine airlines. our flight has been changed 5 times..... more fun.......

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

In the last 11 months my wife and i have left and came back 3 times resitting the date on the BB each time. also i feel you pain with Philippine airlines. our flight has been changed 5 times..... more fun.......

If my final destination was LAX it wouldn't be too big of a problem but I have to travel the next day on a different airline, I don't think it probably even enters their thinking that the US isn't like the Philippines and I can't just hop on bus and go home. I had previously purchased a ticket on PAL that was cheaper with a stop in Japan and it took me all the way home, then I read on a Japanese travel advisory that I wouldn't be able to stop in Japan, they have a restriction on travel from most countries until the end of June (subject to be extended) that spooked me as I would think the restriction will be extended, so I cancelled and bought the nonstop to LAX, it gets in too late for a connecting flight and PAL doesn't offer it so I purchase an onward ticket on Alaska the next day.

Back in the late 80s I was screwed by PAL but indirectly, I had a return flight home on Korean Air but was denied boarding because I hadn't reconfirmed my return flight 3 days prior, my fault I guess but I had never done it before and was okay, I ended up stuck in Manila for three days on standby, I remember there were airport people that were walking around selling boarding passes for $100 for the flight I was bumped off of and I thought it was a scam, I should have done it. What I found out was that the Philippine government at the time had some protections in place for PAL, if their flights were not at 100% capacity for the same destination, foreign carriers could only fill to 70% capacity, therefore they were selling those empty seats, only in the Philippines can a scam be run at an international airport.

Edited by Heeb

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I suspect they keep changing the flights so they can consolidate the passengers of multiple flights to where the a single flight will make a profit. 

• Hmm thinking 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I can't just hop on bus and go home

i feel you there too. we cant get a flight from lax to San Diego. we would have to go to Seattle and back down. strange times we live in.

• Like 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I suspect they keep changing the flights so they can consolidate the passengers of multiple flights to where the a single flight will make a profit. 

acutely the flights are full right now. the problem is getting the aircraft to manila. with only 600 slots in manila a day flights are being sent to cebu, 2 day covid check then they fly them up to Manila.

• Sad 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
Just now, gbmmbg said:

acutely the flights are full right now. the problem is getting the aircraft to manila. with only 600 slots in manila a day flights are being sent to cebu, 2 day covid check then they fly them up to Manila.

I think that's correct, when I searched for my flight several of them were sold out.