Armageddon outta here

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Heeb said:

I read on a Japanese travel advisory that I wouldn't be able to stop in Japan, they have a restriction on travel from most countries until the end of June (subject to be extended) that spooked me as I would think the restriction will be extended, so I cancelled and bought the nonstop to LAX, it gets in too late for a connecting flight and PAL doesn't offer it so I purchase an onward ticket on Alaska the next day.

Did you check if the Japanese travel advisory applies to transit passengers?  Technically, you never entered the country since the purpose of being at the airport is for refueling the aircraft or waiting for a flight on another air carrier.  

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Did you check if the Japanese travel advisory applies to transit passengers?  Technically, you never entered the country since the purpose of being at the airport is for refueling the aircraft or waiting for a flight on another air carrier.  

I tried to research as best I could, I couldn't find anything that says it's okay if only in transit, every advisory mentions landing, I probably should have called Narita to find out.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html

001316999.pdf

RBM
Posted
Posted

Seems like the wild west out there.

Talking to a friend yesterday whom thought they be OK, had two flights booked early July. Knew one would be cancelled so had a back up. Sure enough Sunday night Turkish Airlines cancelled, is able to get refund via his card. next Korea Airlines which was his back up advised his stop over in Seoul is now 35 hours....

Takes a well seasoned gambler to fly in these times. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Changi airport are now allowing (restricted area) transit for passengers of Silk Air, Singapoore Airlines and Scoot (the Singapore Airlines group of airlines) between certain cities.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/sia-flights-from-more-cities-now-allowed-to-transit-at-changi

Heeb
Posted
Posted

So this morning I went to pay my water bill at Subic water, normally I would just pay at the Duty free but they screwed up my bill, I had to wait with a number and they let about 15 people in at a time, they had designated chairs for proper social distancing but there was a big rotating industrial fan that was blowing over everyone sitting there and several people around me are coughing, with mask but even so, we also all had to use the same pen outside to sign up on a clip board. Well I took a nap when I got home and woke up with a sore throat, most likely snoring, i know it can't cause symptoms that fast but it made me worry about my flight in two weeks so I decided to purchase the PAL flight insurance and this is what I got.

WARNING RE COVID-19

Policies purchased after [23th Mar 2020] will not provide any cover for claims directly or indirectly arising from, relating to or in any way connected with COVID-19 (or any mutation or variation thereof or any related strain). We will not therefore cover claims relating to any inability to travel, any decision not to travel or any changes to travel plans, nor any medical or health related loss or expense incurred, as a result of COVID-19. Refer to the FAQ for more details.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Heeb said:

WARNING RE COVID-19

Makes sense to me

Here is what is happening if you cancel or they do.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/passengeroptions

• Thanks 1