Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

A Lady ? :whatever:

those ladies yes yes 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Austman said:

absolutely beautiful. i am jealous looks great! 80k a month is over my budget. I think i hate you ha ha ha ha looks fantastic

You could drop to 50k peso if happy in more basic accomodation. You can get not bad for 15k or slum it at 3k. 

Austman
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You could drop to 50k peso if happy in more basic accomodation. You can get not bad for 15k or slum it at 3k. 

Thanks, I made a mistake with my PHP AUD currently where I am I using $USD and the local currency RIEL, sometimes I am to lazy to think it out properly!  At the current exchange rate I am looking at and would feel financially very comfortable at around 70k or 80k php per month from what you have said that would be ok. . I cant slum it I think its against my nature. If i had to I would go back home.Thanks again any advice is welcome your a champion.

Edited by Austman
bad spelling
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
GMG_AFP_RhoVet
Posted
Posted
On 7/16/2020 at 8:17 PM, BrettGC said:

Ease up mate, just because you've had a different experience to some doesn't mean you have to be insulting.  You know nothing of our situation and yet you've decided to judge based on no knowledge or information at all.  I'm not even going to clarify since you seem to know it all already and decided to bring everyone else down to your level of what quite simply appears to be bitterness and unhappiness -  well based on your posts so far anyway. 

Or is  this a troll?

He redeemed himself on the remark about "the branded phone."!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
GavinJJ
Posted
Posted

I found it to be a good mix of friendly and affordable, particularly when compared to the places in Europe I'd been looking at before.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Five years down the line and having assessed my priorities I can say that for me it is the cost of living 100% followed by quality of life. I'll admit I have had to move 3 times to maintain a fine balance between quality of life and cost though. A good reason why no one should travel half way around the World and set roots in one location for one person until they've experienced life here.

Initially the lure of sunshine, pretty women and friendliness of the locals was a major attraction but time and experience has blown a few of my priorities out of the water. 

I came to realise I like my own company more than a pretty face that just seams to attract drama and I'm smart enough to know the difference between attraction and financial security.  

The locals on a whole are still pretty friendly but no more so than back home in Scotland and the bureaucracy is 100% worse.

As I say it's taken 3 moves to settle having experienced the dramas of relationships and insane Filipino jealousy and chismis.  Locals that are friendly as they are after something in return and constant White nose tax.  Perks of where I chose I suppose and I'm sure not all areas are the same or locals.

So as a bit of a loner who is happy jogging along a great beach and swimming, eating at home most days, pretty self sufficient and so far in good health I've finally found a location where I can be happy, more so than back in the West where I'd still be working myself to the bone. 

Ask me again if my health takes a turn for the worst. :thumbsup: 

A great read , thank you 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
meghzop
Posted
Posted

Where ever you choose to live, there are going to be sets of trade-offs. The question for you is, what sort of a problem set will you settle for and adapt to, and what set of positives makes it more worth staying there despite the shortcomings than your other options.  

• Like 1