Why live in the Philippines?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Old55 said:

I've never been able to find good ol American corn flakes in Philippines. What's up with that!!!

We have plenty here in Subic.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

Best Laugh of the day:hystery: you can't be serious,

Sure, If find what I need without an issue.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

Hahaha...forum manager...a loser who doesn't like people calling out losers like you  as being losers - so you delete their posts. Hey. I have a great idea. I have a bar in CDO - I'm making money hand over fist, but I have to move on. I'm an expat - so no need for due dilligence - just trust me. 25T walk in walk out...interested? bahahahaha! how farking stupid are you, tool? - and then you moan about it non-stop - for four years - FOUR YEARS....look up "impotent rage." :tongue:

Troll at the best and asshole as well

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

Well, at least I haven't been moaning and bitching publicly for the last 4 YEARS about being so stupid as to allow myself to get ripped off.:hystery:

You say your been here 10 years so why are you bitching about the place now. Why dont you get lost and go back to the last forum you trolled? 

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I highly recommend against coming to Subic.  It sucks here.

We are lucky to go a week without a brownout.  Like yours, the water pressure is piss poor.

Can't find any good foods here.  Except Eden cheese.  Love that stuff!  We buy the huge blocks.

All the locals walk around staring at their p40,000 iPhones.  They are not friendly at all, especially to foreigners. 

I have not slept for a week due to the roosters and barking dogs. 

Yes, you would not enjoy Subic.  Don't come here.

I even read they are now being overrun with covid.  Same here, I am terrified to leave the house. :sad:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I highly recommend against coming to Subic.  It sucks here.

We are lucky to go a week without a brownout.  Like yours, the water pressure is piss poor.

Can't find any good foods here.  Except Eden cheese.  Love that stuff!  We buy the huge blocks.

All the locals walk around staring at their p40,000 iPhones.  They are not friendly at all, especially to foreigners. 

I have not slept for a week due to the roosters and barking dogs. 

Yes, you would not enjoy Subic.  Don't come here.

Better pass on Davao region too - Oriental, Norte, Sud... all of them.

Traffic is heavy and drivers are rude.

The malls are always packed and supplies of everything is very limited.

There is an alcohol ban - months old now.

Real estate prices, even with the virus, are through the roof!

Everywhere there is frequent karaoke and everyone seems to have 3 or more dogs that bark incessantly. They also seem to have an equal number of babies which scream and cry constantly.

I haven't mentioned the roosters, carabao, turkeys(!), noisy motorcycles and just general noise.

The air is dirty and leaves a black film on everything in the apartment.

Gasoline is expensive, CTTMO officers write lots of tickets.

It's very hot all the time and rains most days causing flooding in many places....

Edit: Forgot to mention that water pressure is often low and there are sometimes chunky bits in the city water - we only consume bottled water now.

There are power outages now and again that may last hours...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Hey this guy did say he was venting off, about time we all got off his back. During these periods we all need a vent or two time to time.

• Like 5

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Hey this guy did say he was venting off, about time we all got off his back. During these periods we all need a vent or two time to time.

IMO stating that you are venting still doesn't give you totally free rein and license in a public forum. Ad hominem personal attacks on other forum members who have different views only provoke and distract from whatever issues are being discussed.  It serves no constructive purpose and is done to solely serve the emotional needs of the troll at the expense of the other forum members who have unknowingly waded into the sewer while reading for decent information and helpful knowledge pertinent to the thread. 

There's a right way to vent perceived grievances and things that are irritants, but it takes critical thinking skills devoid of emotional outbursts.

Some guys ought to invest in a heavy punch bag or a speed bag and whale on it awhile before writing out whats needling them so they get rid some of the pent up excessive bile in their system.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RBM said:

During these periods we all need a vent or two time to time.

That is true... I discussed in my Bathroom Renovation post how I definitely needed one :mocking:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Haha 5