Why live in the Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, RBM said:

Hey this guy did say he was venting off, about time we all got off his back. During these periods we all need a vent or two time to time.

Perhaps you should read all the posts again to see what he is doing. Sometimes people need to read between the lines to understand how certain people work on trolling members.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

IMO stating that you are venting still doesn't give you totally free rein and license in a public forum. Ad hominem personal attacks on other forum members who have different views only provoke and distract from whatever issues are being discussed.  It serves no constructive purpose and is done to solely serve the emotional needs of the troll at the expense of the other forum members who have unknowingly waded into the sewer while reading for decent information and helpful knowledge pertinent to the thread. 

There's a right way to vent perceived grievances and things that are irritants, but it takes critical thinking skills devoid of emotional outbursts.

Some guys ought to invest in a heavy punch bag or a speed bag and whale on it awhile before writing out whats needling them so they get rid some of the pent up excessive bile in their system.  

This is a nice well thought out post, thank you. How ever perhaps a little shallow as you seem to be  referring to his on going squabble with JFC  and not giving credence to his numerous other recent  posts which were amicable and informative. 

We all need to vent as stated, I do not condone a squabble on a public forum how ever can understand it can happen. Lets just move on. As i have said many times, lets all try to remember to attack the post not the poster if we are inclined to disagree.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Hey this guy did say he was venting off, about time we all got off his back. During these periods we all need a vent or two time to time.

He never said he was venting until much farther down in the conversation.

I vent here quite often.  It helps if you state it up front.

Occasionally I criticize another member, but I try to do it in a tactful way.

This is a forum where everything is written, not spoken.  When speaking with someone, there are many cues other than the spoken word that give you feedback on what the speaker is feeling.  When writing, you have to be extra careful with the written word.  The reader will be reading between the lines about your feelings and attitude.  It all boils down to how you put the pen to the paper.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It all boils down to how you put the pen to the paper.

You mean fingers to keyboard, OMW?:whistling:

Agreed... a person can - and should - vent, at times. It's healthy. But not be personally insulting.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You say your been here 10 years so why are you bitching about the place now. Why dont you get lost and go back to the last forum you trolled? 

Ah, 'troll' - that's so cutting - think that up all by your little self? When I first read your story a while back about Ben Jordan, I actually felt sorry for you, but you know what? I'm kind of getting why Ben ripped you off, he gets my thumbs up. :thumbsup:  I'm a member of a few forums and the word 'troll' is rarely used, except by morons who don't like what other people say. BTW - After 10 years here I think I have a right to bitch about whatever  I want, especially when what I am saying is factual. Ah, just noticed the 'a**h*le' tag, wow, how sadly pathetic you really are, you are a vindictive little non-person, aren't you? And btw you illiterate buffoon, it's 'arsehole.' Never finished school? :7481:

Edited by Ozapriliaguy

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

it would be good to keep it that way. 

The mods are :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, scott h said:

In my view for me to be insulted, I must respect the opinion of the insulter. Other wise it is just water off a ducks back. 

Yeah... I see your point. I guess my point should have been worded a bit differently. The man was using insulting language - whether you respect him or not - I believe that is uncalled for here... Just my opinion... It's one thing to disagree with another's views and thoughts, but it is quite another to outright say nasty things personally...

• Like 2