Why live in the Philippines?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Hey this guy did say he was venting off, about time we all got off his back.

Or . .  often the way a troll works is to be very obsequious to some members and very hostile to others.  This gets the membership disagreeing with each other and the troll gets a laugh.  As I believe the member to be a troll I will not quote or respond to his posts.

Because other moderators also believe this fellow is a troll, many of his posts were removed to keep the forum civilized.  Admin decided to show all the posts . . no censorship . . so people could decide for themselves.

On with the show.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Or . .  often the way a troll works is to be very obsequious to some members and very hostile to others.  This gets the membership disagreeing with each other and the troll gets a laugh.  As I believe the member to be a troll I will not quote or respond to his posts.

Because other moderators also believe this fellow is a troll, many of his posts were removed to keep the forum civilized.  Admin decided to show all the posts . . no censorship . . so people could decide for themselves.

On with the show.

Agee.  But there is still one post hidden.  I think that JGF needs to be the one who decides if it will be shown.  There is no doubt whatsoever that he is a troll.  Not a particularly smart one either. :tongue:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I think that JGF needs to be the one who decides if it will be shown. 

naw, us mods keep the really juicy ones to ourselves in our double secret password forum :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

Ah, 'troll' - that's so cutting - think that up all by your little self? When I first read your story a while back about Ben Jordan, I actually felt sorry for you, but you know what? I'm kind of getting why Ben ripped you off, he gets my thumbs up. :thumbsup:  I'm a member of a few forums and the word 'troll' is rarely used, except by morons who don't like what other people say. BTW - After 10 years here I think I have a right to bitch about whatever  I want, especially when what I am saying is factual. Ah, just noticed the 'a**h*le' tag, wow, how sadly pathetic you really are, you are a vindictive little non-person, aren't you? And btw you illiterate buffoon, it's 'arsehole.' Never finished school? :7481:

Well maybe you are a very  educated arsehole but since probably more members here are American I used the correct term used by them but in the end you are an ass no matter what.

1. "arsehole" is the spelling used more in British and Australian English, while "asshole" is used more in American English 2. also used as a slang term for the anus

Anyway sticks and stones comes to mind but I think my dad could beat your dad you childish ass/arsehole. 

:chickendance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Agee.  But there is still one post hidden.  I think that JGF needs to be the one who decides if it will be shown.  There is no doubt whatsoever that he is a troll.  Not a particularly smart one either. :tongue:

I approved it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I highly recommend against coming to Subic.  It sucks here.

We are lucky to go a week without a brownout.  Like yours, the water pressure is piss poor.

Can't find any good foods here.  Except Eden cheese.  Love that stuff!  We buy the huge blocks.

All the locals walk around staring at their p40,000 iPhones.  They are not friendly at all, especially to foreigners. 

I have not slept for a week due to the roosters and barking dogs. 

Yes, you would not enjoy Subic.  Don't come here.

Careful mate, honest opinions aren't appreciated here. We are all supposted to LOVE the Philippines. Ppppfffttt! 

Someone posted a good comment about 'buyers remorse' - I'm pretty much stuck in CDO. I was paying a lot of rent for an apartment which was on a quiet street, but it all changed when the RTA diverted all heavy port traffic from the highway down our street, so apart from the dogs, we had to suffer Container Truck exhaust fumes 24/7. Since my wife was studying in the city, I wanted to buy close-by as I didn't want her riding her motorcycle a long distance. 

So I looked local, and thought that we had found a good place for the right money - well, after moving in we discovered why the owners sold. Every person has a mongrel. There are squatters over our back fence breeding pigs - so you can imagine the smell,  we have to keep most of our house locked up and even then you can smell the tae. 

So, after tolerating this crap for 3+ years, I've finally had enough. You would think that you could come to an expat forum and vent your frustrations to people who might understand...nope. Expat forums like this one are invariable filled with people who don't want to hear someone else's take on the place.

Be careful or you will be tagged an arsehole by little 'men' who don't like the truth.

Edited by scott h
fixed a word

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

honest opinions aren't appreciated here.

Brother, honest opinions are always welcome here, if you look at some of the rants from the past (me included)  you will find something about almost every aspect and peccadillo of Filipino society. 

It is how those opinions are voiced. When they are deliberately insulting or offensive, yes those who frequent this forum frown upon them. Its just not our cup of tea :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well maybe you are a very  educated arsehole but since probably more members here are American I used the correct term used by them but in the end you are an ass no matter what.

1. "arsehole" is the spelling used more in British and Australian English, while "a**h*le" is used more in American English 2. also used as a slang term for the anus

Anyway sticks and stones comes to mind but I think my dad could beat your dad you childish ass/arsehole. 

:chickendance:

Aaaaww. Good for you for consulting a dictionary for the first time in your life.

See, learn something new every day, makes living worthwhile, right?

Yeah, I am a very educated arsehole, that's why this is so easy. 

I'm also a bastard, and a c8nt.

It's all good - I don't need your or anyone's approval. 

It's been fun, but now you bore me, so let's move on shall we?

(oh, and please change my tag to arsehole, I prefer the Queen's English)

Edited by Ozapriliaguy

Ozapriliaguy
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, scott h said:

Brother, honest opinions are always welcome here, if you look at some of the rants from the past (me included)  you will find something about almost every aspect and peccadillo of Filipino society. 

It is how those opinions are voiced. When they are deliberately insulting or offensive, yes those who frequent this forum frown upon them. Its just not our cup of tea :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Fair comment. As in real life, some people just clash online, right? I'll try to tone down my comments. Stay safe there.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

So I looked local, and thought that we had found a good place for the right money - well, after moving in we discovered why the owners sold. Every person has a mongrel. There are squatters over our back fence breeding pigs - so you can imagine the smell,  we have to keep most of our house locked up and even then you can smell the tae. 

So, after tolerating this crap for 3+ years, I've finally had enough. You would think that you could come to an expat forum and vent your frustrations to people who might understand...nope. Expat forums like this one are invariable filled with people who don't want to hear someone else's take on the place.

When I first read this I felt sorry for you but now I give the previous owner a thumbs up :thumbsup: Imagine that, you got scammed but still going on about this after all this time. lol

33 minutes ago, Ozapriliaguy said:

It's been fun, but now you bore me, so let's move on shall we?

Hmm I'm thinking you will be moving on after your continuation of doing the only thing you know and thats to disrupt the forum and attack myself and some good standing members.

This part below I see a moderator removed so can you tell me why I should let you stay?

Expat forums like this one are invariable filled with tools like Jollygoodfellow...more like jollygoodwanker.

So, don't be honest, don't speak up or JGW will tag you as an arsehole. 

asshole.PNG