Dating Filipinas?

Side show
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the welcome greetings and information. As freebie alluded to,  one of my goals is to find a nice Filipino woman. That in it self is exciting but I am also aware that it is a mine field to travel through to find the right one for me. I have looked at other sites about dating Filipino women and am wary of the issues other expats have en counted.  Any tips of dating would be appreciated.

Edited by Old55
Moved to new topic "Dating Filipina"

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Side show said:

Any tips of dating would be appreciated

The Philippine dating scened has changed so much in the last decade that any tips I have to offer are no longer valid.  In fact, much of the advice about dating that you will hear is outdated.  I would encourage you to ask specific questions if you are looking for specific advice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The Philippine dating scened has changed so much in the last decade that any tips I have to offer are no longer valid.  In fact, much of the advice about dating that you will hear is outdated.  I would encourage you to ask specific questions if you are looking for specific advice.

The biggest recent addition to the online dating scene is FaceApp.  Buyer beware!  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

One piece of advice I've got is "come to the Philippines to meet someone rather than starting online" (yeah I know that's not currently possible) but it's still my honest opinion.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Filipnas who know that you are a newbie will enjoy putting you through a variety of emotions. Learn the game and how its played and learn fast.

Do not believe the numerous and various sob stories until you fully and completely trust who you are with. The ladies can sometimes be very creative in getting you to part with your pera ( money ). But dont treat all as bad or money hungry. Let them earn your trust.

Be careful of those who have tampo attacks ( extreme moodiness )  careful of those who ask and expect things as gifts etc. Treat them as you would like to be treated. and you may be delightfully suprised.  Also be aware of when a Filipina goes silent suddenly. Its generally the start of some drama or other.

Every girl knows all the numerous and various dating sites so go and enjoy those and have fun on them, but recognise that every girl talks to many guys at same time. And yes only start talking once you are on the ground. It gives you an automatic increased chance versus the guy stuvk in his moms basement many many miles away. Be fairly honest about what you arel ooking for..... but again do not state its your first time here.... that will attract the sharks in the water. Oh and do video call with any prospects... there are many ladies who have an appendage that doesnt occur a biological female.

Its a great life here once you know some of the rules and have some good and bad experiences here.

Others might disagree but dont go all in at once.. ie dont give up all the details of your life , full name, date of birth, pasport details  etc from the outset. Some girls can be a tad too friendly with the police and again , your money is their aim. No need to lie but just dont provide details of your life that could be used against you. Hopefully this doesnt sound too alarmist. Just be on your guard.

Me, been visiting here since about 1982, and have lived here over 10 years so i've learnt just a bit. 

Oh and one final thing.. if you find a girl with whom everything works, dont be too enthusiastic to get a ring on her finger. Take your time.  Repeat, take yout time. Repeat again, TAKE YOUR TIME And if you find one whos made your life hell, get on a plane, a new place always creates new experiences.

• Like 5

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

I recommend the girls you will find in clothing stores in malls. They are usually very decent and sometimes honest.

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Welcome onboard!

Boots on the ground is the best and safest way to find the "Right" Filipina lady. Online is brought with danger. Face to face you can get a sense for their true motives. Best of luck. I am the happiest I have ever been and ever since I met and married my wife I have had a life plan to work towards with her. Before her I just drifted into the future with no plan. 

Paul

• Like 4

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

If it is your intent to live here, it may be better to first find a PLACE you would want to call home. One that meets your needs within tolerable limits.  After you're reasonably satisfied with where you're living, then the search for a suitable woman, of which there are no shortage of unless you have vastly different standards than most men, can commence.

The primary reason I state the above, is because when you settle down with a woman here, its almost a given that she will want to stay close to family and a myriad of necessary social relationship webs. Her success in life often depends on that.

If you become emotionally connected to a woman before experiencing living in her home area, you may have to tolerate living in a place you normally would rather not, if given other options. 

For me personally, there are many, many more places in the PI that I would NOT want to live, than there are places that I would. All of these places have nice, desirable and available Pinay living there or are from there. So the odds are that the lady of my choice, if met at random, would be from a place I would prefer not to live.

Just a thought for your consideration.                                                         [ Robert U. T. Jr. , PhD. might approve ]

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I recommend the girls you will find in clothing stores in malls. They are usually very decent and sometimes honest.

That used to be the advice 10 years ago, and it worked.  Now you will find a lot of foreigners trolling the malls and a lot of girls who get tired of getting hit on by foreigners in malls.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

My advice is to answer the following honestly, to yourself:

1. If there are 12 million women in my own country that I cannot have a successful relationship with, what makes me think I will find a successful relationship in the Philippines?

2. Is it really a relationship I'm looking for?

3. Why the Philippines?

• Like 5