Dating Filipinas?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Time, patience and a realistic idea why the person may be attracted to you is the main thing you will require. Use social media to your advantage.

More than one Facebook account sets alarm bells ringing and lots of drama and foreigner likes. They just can't help themselves when it comes to Facebook and you'll see a more accurate version of them if you do your homework.

I've learned a lot from Filipino partners as they could put Sherlock Holmes to shame with their detective skills. Previously I've talked to some allegedly nice girls until I've started researching. Thirty minutes on Facebook checking them and their friends out then linking one or two accounts together you may find they have a few personalities.

If they don't share a link to a Facebook account showing family, school friends etc they are hiding something. I've found nice Province girls with seperate accounts showing them travelling around the usual tourists sites and living in nice hotels yet they have no money for a load for their phone.  Others their Facebook is littered with non stop love quotes and drama. Saying they will sort out x, y and z for causing trouble in their relationship.

• Like 5

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Time, patience and a realistic idea why the person may be attracted to you is the main thing you will require. Use social media to your advantage.

More than one Facebook account sets alarm bells ringing and lots of drama and foreigner likes. They just can't help themselves when it comes to Facebook and you'll see a more accurate version of them if you do your homework.

I've learned a lot from Filipino partners as they could put Sherlock Holmes to shame with their detective skills. Previously I've talked to some allegedly nice girls until I've started researching. Thirty minutes on Facebook checking them and their friends out then linking one or two accounts together you may find they have a few personalities.

If they don't share a link to a Facebook account showing family, school friends etc they are hiding something. I've found nice Province girls with seperate accounts showing them travelling around the usual tourists sites and living in nice hotels yet they have no money for a load for their phone.  Others their Facebook is littered with non stop love quotes and drama. Saying they will sort out x, y and z for causing trouble in their relationship.

And all of what you wrote is true AND its also the reason why I dont have /refuse to have facebook. Im sure google and apple already know more than enough about me, but no need to add the pile of my personal info out there by adding FB. Yes its a great for finding ladies but exactly as you state @Snowy, its filled with fakeness and drama and just shows in some cases the immaturity of some of the ladies around.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2020 at 12:25 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That used to be the advice 10 years ago, and it worked.  Now you will find a lot of foreigners trolling the malls and a lot of girls who get tired of getting hit on by foreigners in malls.

Perhaps in the bigger cities such as Manila and Cebu.

In the many cities and towns where there are few (if any) poriners, this will not be the case.

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

A bit of general advice but as a lot of members have indicated the best is to do your research and meet them in person.

I'll put some advice though on the younger girls.  Your mileage may vary but unless they have a good job or are financially independent in some way my spider sense starts tingling.  This is a fairly common saying for the gold diggers though, especially the younger ones.

Tread carefully.

Also the girls who are interested in marrying rich foreigners for mostly their money have a saying.  Mayamon, Matanda, Madaling, Mamatay....loose translation. Rich, old, easy to die.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, Side show said:

Any tips of dating would be appreciated.

So . . . did you find any tips in here?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did it ever occur to you they were working girls? If I go to Ayala alone I get approached to but its not because they like me its because they are freelancers. 

Yeah... it did. And I figured that out fairly quickly for an old geezer like me. They certainly were not drawn to my looks!!!! Regardless, the answer was always, thanks and I am flattered, but no, thanks.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I simply say something along the line "you have to ask my wife first". End of conversation as they scamper away. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Side show
Posted
Posted

Thank you all as I have learnt a few things given I live in a totally different environment to the Philippines. I have travelled to other Asian countries and experienced some of the interesting scammers etc. I am now in a situation where I am retiring early due to good financial investments, am healthy, grounded, reasonably wise and seeking new adventures. I believe that the Philippines will give me the opportunity to live in a warm and hospitable environment and find a long term relationship with a woman. I have tethered my expectations and will be wary and thoughtful of my surroundings and experiences. 

• Like 4