Ceiling exhaust fans

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Here's the one I was looking at:

https://solatube.com.au/roof-ventilation/

Thanks, I thought we were discussing ceiling fans to make the room cooler.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Thats the other topic "Ceiling fans".  This one is "Ceiling EXHAUST fans" which has morphed to include Roof Exhaust fans.  Some roofs get so hot you could bake a chocolate cake.  Which reminds me.  Anyone got a recipe for a chocolate cake? :7481:

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Ah ok :)  All good mate.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thats the other topic "Ceiling fans".  This one is "Ceiling EXHAUST fans" which has morphed to include Roof Exhaust fans.  Some roofs get so hot you could bake a chocolate cake.  Which reminds me.  Anyone got a recipe for a chocolate cake? :7481:

No... I can show you a few cov 19 graphs

• Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Joey G said:

My experience... a large exhaust fan (they are called whole house fans) is necessary to move large volumes of air... the idea is that when the temp outside drops 5+ degrees you can take that all that cooler air in quickly. A small fan won't get you that temp change, and won't keep up enough with the heat of day. Electricity wise you would only run the large exhaust fan for a few hours each evening.  And there's an extra benefit... they are also great for clearing the air after frying... especially dried fish LOLOLOL

The vent fans are best used for keeping hot attics cooler so the lower part of the house doesn't get hot.  If you used a vent fan during the day for the living area, you will likely being drawing air in from the outside that  is hotter than the inside is. If you have a high ceiling though (12'+)  the vent fan might be worth doing during the day.

Thanks for your input. Whole house fans is something completely different to the fans I had in mind, but maybe that is needed to make any difference.

I am already planning to put in an attic fan, but I was also curious to find out if a ceiling exhaust fan would make the indoor climate even better?

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Citi hardware sells them so not hard to find here. I have them at my place.

Are you happy with them? Do you notice that they lower the temperature inside? Are they noicy?