Cebu Nurses quitting their jobs due to ccp virus uptick

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Nurses are quitting their jobs on Cebu due to the increased number of ccp virus cases and lack of necessary PPE. Cebu Hospitals now require an appointment to ER there are no outpatient admissions at all now. It's not looking good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Iloilo has stopped accepting LSIs from Cebu.  All our new cases have been LSIs, and almost all are from Cebu.  What is going on over there? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don't know what's going on Tim but I'm concerned. Our extended family has some nurses on the island so this information is from them. I pray for the best.

Shady
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

What is going on over there? 

The public hospitals are mostly full, and the private hospitals apparently don't care:

Nurses working in government hospitals receive a hazard pay of P500 per day.

In private hospitals in Cebu City, nurses do not receive hazard pay, according to Mancao.

Asked how long the lines were at the hospitals, the paramedic said that once he was 17th on the wait list and there were others behind them. “Just yesterday (June 25), I brought a patient to a private hospital but was told that we were 101st on the list,” he said.

He said he had to bring back home one patient since she could not be accommodated and she later died there.

“Last week, I lost three patients who died in the ambulance without being attended to. And this is just one ambulance,” he added. “Every day, I feel this pinch in my heart but this is what’s happening here. But we continue to serve because this is what we do.”

- https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1298113/overworked-cebu-nurses-seek-aid-as-morale-drops

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

What is going on over there? 

Pik saves a thousand words,,,,,,,this is what is going on in Cebu and all over the country I am afraid

Cebu_City_under_ecq_2020_06_23_20_26_41.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Last year one of the caretakers for my wife's parents resigned to go work as a caretaker for Chong Hua in Cebu City.  She was able to leave the city when the quarantine was lifted.  She refused to go back and is now working for us again.   The wife waited to make sure she was not ill. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, scott h said:

Pik saves a thousand words,,,,,,,this is what is going on in Cebu and all over the country I am afraid

Cebu_City_under_ecq_2020_06_23_20_26_41.jpg

Not all over the country, mainly in the hotbeds such as Cebu City and the NCR.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I don't think it's much better in Manila, one of my wife's friends kids has some existing heart condition and they've been throwing up blood for nearly a week, they're in some small hospital down in Bicol. Trying to get into a decent Manila hospital and they say they're full.

• Sad 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I don't think it's much better in Manila, one of my wife's friends kids has some existing heart condition and they've been throwing up blood for nearly a week, they're in some small hospital down in Bicol. Trying to get into a decent Manila hospital and they say they're full.

Guy's my heart goes out to those who are showing signs of this virus.

For some it will be like a really bad case of Flu, for those with underlying health problems a whole lot worse.

My good friend Louie is now in recovery having been ventilated for a long time, much younger than me and someone I have always thought to be as strong as an Ox

he succumb to the virus working at our local hospital, where his wife also works.

It's been said many times but I can't emphasize enough, avoid none essential travel and wear a mask/ gloves outside the home, keep social distancing even with friends and visiting family. That should apply to non live-in helpers too!

Hopefully the more isolated parts of Philippines will not feel the full effects of this virus, which is now unfolding, as other countries prepare for a possible second spike with lockdown rules being opened up, to allow travel again to and from other parts of Europe.

If you lose your frontline workers through fear or lack of equipment, you really have a major problem!

People here in UK have been very supportive of all key workers, supermarkets, the likes of Tesco have been giving thousands of free lunch bags to our local hospital workers as an appreciation for working under extreme pressure for many weeks, this happening across the country. :AddEmoticons04230:

The sad fact being, that many people are now ignoring the warnings to social distance, when in my humble opinion the time is not right yet to be blaze about it.

Stay safe JB

Edited by Kuya John
spacing
  • Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted

If anyone had read the stories from countries with way, way, way better health services than here, they shouldn't be at all surprised at how bad it can be here.

Throw in a general attitude of rules are made for the poor to follow so I'm exempt and it's easy to see how bad it could get.

Living in a developing country is full of ups and downs - we're experiencing the downside for now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic