Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have been living in Phil for nearly 2 years now, and have a fillipina wife. I intended originally to get a SRRV but at my age I don't want to spend 20,000 USD to get it, so We go the balikbuyan route and the wife likes a trip out.

Now with the lack of flights and the problem of finding a country that will let us in. What are the alternatives, any ideas?

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Fixed Title
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BI at CDO is in a mall on the second floor, it's always clean and there are padded benches along the wall for people to wait although a couple of times there has been a short wait for a seat.  The pro

My ACR visitor card ran out May 3 during ECQ when immigration was shut down. I went to their office and they said they would renew mine without penalty once they opened. So..I went last week and renew

As I posted in another thread today, my Balikbayan was ending on June 25th, so a week before that, I went along to my local BI office in Dagupan and applied for a 2 month (tourist...because that's wha

  • Forum Manager
14 minutes ago, RobH said:

I have been living in Phil for nearly 2 years now, and have a fillipina wife. I intended originally to get a SRRV but at my age I don't want to spend 20,000 USD to get it, so We go the balikbuyan route and the wife likes a trip out.

Now with the lack of flights and the problem of finding a country that will let us in. What are the alternatives, any ideas?

Stay on a tourist visa until everything goes back to normal. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for that. does  that mean a trip to manilla ? is there a fixer I could use? Its just a complete pain to travel for me, literally.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
6 minutes ago, RobH said:

Thank for that. does  that mean a trip to manilla ? is there a fixer I could use? Its just a complete pain to travel for me, literally.

 

Ask a local travel agent that question. :smile: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RobH said:

Thank for that. does  that mean a trip to manilla ? is there a fixer I could use? Its just a complete pain to travel for me, literally.

 

I'm sure you can convert to a tourist visa at almost all BI offices, so you can do it at Olongapo or Angeles.

No fixers, but some travel agencies have visa services.  Check around your area.

Also, BI is responsive on their Facebook page and can specifically answer most questions.  Message them.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph/

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all. I will get on this as soon as I can.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
3 hours ago, RobH said:

is there a fixer I could use?

There is no such thing these days. Only accredited agents with permits are allowed to enter the BI to do visas for clients. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you can extend your balikbayan visa for an additional six months stay. Because of the lockdown due to Covid 19, there are temporary, special rules even for those on tourist visas.  For example, your tourist visa is automatically extended until restrictions on international travel are lifted.  You have 30 days thereafter to leave the country or get a visa extension. Check with a BI office.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There is no such thing these days. Only accredited agents with permits are allowed to enter the BI to do visas for clients. 

I am sure you are correct.  However, as I remember long ago :whistling: , it was the BI personel who WERE the fixers.  Not saying any of them fat buggers still are though. :hystery:  

  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I believe you can extend your balikbayan visa for an additional six months stay. Because of the lockdown due to Covid 19, there are temporary, special rules even for those on tourist visas.  For example, your tourist visa is automatically extended until restrictions on international travel are lifted.  You have 30 days thereafter to leave the country or get a visa extension. Check with a BI office.  

But the balikbayan privilege is not a visa, I agree with JGF that you would need to go the tourist visa route.  After all, if the BOI is now (mostly) open and able to issue and renew visas.   Why would they extend a balikbayan date when they can, and should in my opinion, sell a tourist visa and gain needed revenue?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...