Balikbayan problem

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Can PSA docs be ordered online now?  I didn't realize that.  I like to keep a few extra copies of everything and I think I used my last BC for my daughter.  I will take inventory and stock up.

Yes. The link is here:
https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/

Ooops! Didn’t see this post before I replied.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Even if their fee included the BI fee of around 11,000 it’s still too expensive!

Just like to clarify the P11000 fee because 2014 costs on the BI website say spouse and principal at Php 8,620.00 each plus $50 USD for ARC card so thats about P17240 plus about P2470 which comes to P19710.

Are there additional fees after the 12 month probation as well? 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just like to clarify the P11000 fee because 2014 costs on the BI website say spouse and principal at Php 8,620.00 each plus $50 USD for ARC card so thats about P17240 plus about P2470 which comes to P19710.

Yes, you have to do all the form filling again. 11,000 for the permanent.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Yes, you have to do all the form filling again. 11,000 for the permanent.

This is what I mean. The costs are far higher than the P11000 so for the whole thing probably around P30k

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, RobH said:

Thanks yes if you could give me his number I'd be obliged. Is he Philippino? if he is I'll get the wife to speak to him. Always have trouble with Philippno English on the phone.

Yes I need someone to do as much as possible to avoid my travelling.

I am sending you a private message with the name and number.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I got the 11,000 figure verbally from the lady at the BI who accepted my application. She wasn’t sure of the exact figure but thought it was 11,000php. I haven’t actually paid any fees yet, I believe that comes later in the process.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I got the 11,000 figure verbally from the lady at the BI who accepted my application. She wasn’t sure of the exact figure but thought it was 11,000php. I haven’t actually paid any fees yet, I believe that comes later in the process.

Maybe now it's P11k for the applicant and another for the wife. I somehow doubt the cost has come down over the years? But at the same time it's confusing to have the info on their website, why would a Filipino wife have a fee? Honestly no idea about this one.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have seen no higher than p11,000 'ish' quoted (for the initial years probationary)... then similar again for the permanent. It would cost a lot more than that for 2 x Balikbayan runs...especially NOW.

Not heard of the Mrs having to pay anything . :89: 

Edited by graham59

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, Huggybearman said:

Here are my costs at for my 13A

At Manila Intramuros BI for probationary, Jan. 31, 2017:  8610.50+2500 express lane fees = 11,110.50

Paid a driver 4500 to take us there for the day + other expenses

Paid the driver 4500 to take us back for interview on Feb. 8.

Had to pay for tourist extension on 3/3 because visa was not ready.  3650

On 4/4 paid an agent 3000 to go get the visa in my passport in Intramuros

I put that detail for a reason.  During my probationary year, Balanga BI started processing 13a, so I was able to do my permanent in Balanga.

BI Balanga for permanent on Feb. 8th, 2018, 6762 + 2500 express lane fees = 9262.

Balanga sends everything to Intramuros.  Interview was done in Balanga.  Passport with permanent visa was returned to Balanga, and I was able to pick it up there a few weeks later.  Balanga saved me a lot of money!

• Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Balanga sends everything to Intramuros.  Interview was done in Balanga.  Passport with permanent visa was returned to Balanga, and I was able to pick it up there a few weeks later.  Balanga saved me a lot of money!

Dumaguete immigration would not do that for me, had to travel to Cebu. 7 hours on the bus and had to visit 4x for the probation 3x for permanent.