Is it legal/safe to sleep in tent on beach

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If we are talking about travelling around to cool places that is doable. I did a write up years ago about one of my trips around the northern Luzon mountain area. Had a great time, much to see, drove a rental car with my GF. Here is a link to that thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, earthdome said:

If we are talking about travelling around to cool places that is doable. I did a write up years ago about one of my trips around the northern Luzon mountain area. Had a great time, much to see, drove a rental car with my GF. Here is a link to that thread:

I just went to review that thread from almost 7 years ago and noticed that all the pictures I had posted in that thread are gone.

• Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Joey G said:

If the topic/idea has switched from camping on beaches or in front of waterfront owners property... to traveling around and staying at AirBnb's or similar... whole different story.  Not uncommon and many have done this and had a great time.  One thing to keep in mind on traveling off the beaten path... it's harder in the Philippines to know when you're in a bad/unfriendly neighborhood until it's too late... don't go to local bars after dark, don't tell anyone where you're staying, don't trust anyone who is trying hard to be your "friend".... assume anything can happen at any time. 

and never EVER get involved in playing cards with these fine fellows. The shirt on your back may or may not still be there at the end of said " game".

• Like 3

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

6 hours ago, earthdome said:

Interesting story. You are brave who did it. I read it and it seems you always stayed in hotels, but did you ever consider to sleep in the car or in a tent? :)

I would love to see your pictures of the trip.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Just before lockdown with two friends here we also went on a northern luzon roadtrip....we were pressed for time as we knew lockdown was imminent .. so was basically started early and drive to Vigan, next day to Pagudpud ( a must see horseshoe shaped bay thats super photogenic ) then onto Sta Ana which is north westernmost tip of Luzon, and then a brilliant drive through Cagayan valley and then the long winding roads of Isabela ( which would be a great ride on a motorbike ) and then into Baler.

Great trip and well worth seeing all the places on routes. We stayed in hotels generally paying not more than P3000 per night  ( and always asking for and receiving the "Senior rate" ) and we ate and drank very well especially every night.  Defintely worth to see when were all out of lockdown/lockup.

• Like 1

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Just before lockdown with two friends here we also went on a northern luzon roadtrip....we were pressed for time as we knew lockdown was imminent .. so was basically started early and drive to Vigan, next day to Pagudpud ( a must see horseshoe shaped bay thats super photogenic ) then onto Sta Ana which is north westernmost tip of Luzon, and then a brilliant drive through Cagayan valley and then the long winding roads of Isabela ( which would be a great ride on a motorbike ) and then into Baler.

Great trip and well worth seeing all the places on routes. We stayed in hotels generally paying not more than P3000 per night  ( and always asking for and receiving the "Senior rate" ) and we ate and drank very well especially every night.  Defintely worth to see when were all out of lockdown/lockup.

Sounds awesome, but P3000 is far outside my idea for a budget. P300 more like it.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

P300 more like it

on that budget you will need to keep your eyes open as you drive, sometimes you will drive by appartlettes that rent "short time" rooms for 4-6 hours at that pric

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

P3000 is far outside my idea for a budget. P300 more like it.

My Friend, I feel you either need to do a lot more research or do the Boots on the Ground stuff, the PI as with other countries, is no longer inflation proof.:tiphat: and can be very dangerous :unsure: the less you want to pay the less security you will get :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a small bit
  • Like 3

roddavis
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Friend, I feel you either need to do a lot more research or do the Boots on the Ground stuff, the PI as with other countries, is no longer inflation proof.:tiphat: and can be very dangerous :unsure:

Here is an example in Cebu:

https://sugbo.ph/2020/kang-irag-peak-cebu-city/

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Fixed massive post from copy and paste

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, earthdome said:

I just went to review that thread from almost 7 years ago and noticed that all the pictures I had posted in that thread are gone.

From what I see they were linked to the gallery but we have not had a gallery for a number of years due to lack of use so the previous owner decided not to bother. As for other links I always say that one will never know if they are around on the internet forever or if site owners close down or they are simply removed from the internet for many reasons. 

• Like 1