Is it legal/safe to sleep in tent on beach

earthdome
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From what I see they were linked to the gallery but we have not had a gallery for a number of years due to lack of use so the previous owner decided not to bother. As for other links I always say that one will never know if they are around on the internet forever or if site owners close down or they are simply removed from the internet for many reasons. 

Yes, they were in my gallery. Shame they got lost, the pictures really added to the story.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

Interesting story. You are brave who did it. I read it and it seems you always stayed in hotels, but did you ever consider to sleep in the car or in a tent? :)

I would love to see your pictures of the trip.

Thanks. Not brave, I had my GF and at times her family to help keep me out of trouble. Never considered camping or sleeping in the car. Much better to have a nice room and bed for my GF and I to stay in. Of course we stayed with her family for 3 nights and only 4 nights were in hotels.

Just checked and I still have the pictures and could upload some of the pictures from that trip again.

Once when travelling on the remote mountain rode to my wifes family we saw a lone foreign hiker with full backpack. Didn't stop and chat with him, I am sure he would have had many interesting stories.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

Yes, they were in my gallery. Shame they got lost, the pictures really added to the story.

I remembered this it was very well done. Unfortunately the previous two owners were uninvolved for the most part simply seeing the forum as an income.

Edited by Old55

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, scott h said:

on that budget you will need to keep your eyes open as you drive, sometimes you will drive by appartlettes that rent "short time" rooms for 4-6 hours at that pric

Possible to do, I have a friend whom cycled all over Luzon on a minimal budget.  Most times he simply went to a local police station and explained his situation, was welcomed to spend a night in a cell, free food. He used to joke I must be the only trainee priest whom has spent time in the cells....

If your free camping it would be wise to remain inconspicuous after dark, although mostly locals will be no more than curious there are of course others whom may react differently especially if fulled by alcohol. 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

My Friend, I feel you either need to do a lot more research or do the Boots on the Ground stuff, the PI as with other countries, is no longer inflation proof.:tiphat: and can be very dangerous :unsure: the less you want to pay the less security you will get :wink:

250p a night, tent or sharing a 6 person hostel, Bacong Oriental, already posted a few days ago got no response from the OP. All he needs to do is google it.  

found it 30 second search.  Pandora Beach Resort

Edited by jimeve
link for the OP

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Old55 said:

I remembered this it was very well done. Unfortunately the previous two owners were uninvolved for the most part simply seeing the forum as an income.

Not sure how you figure that. Jamie almost never had adsense activated so nothing from ads and no other income. The forum software has license to pay for each year, gallery is one of them. The tiny bit of income generated from this forum would not pay for the licences let alone the hosting cost.

• Thanks 2