Formal complaint against cops cost 15 year olds life

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ahh! come on, this is the case in so many Countries

Just to help out, here is a list of the police use of excessive force in Canada, sometimes resulting in death. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_excessive_police_force_incidents_in_Canada

As you say, it happens. Chantel Moore is the latest.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah your right Jack, the world news is full of rubbish like this, not only the PI's. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

excessive force, sometimes resulting in death.

Not really comparable to "first degree murder".

Yes, third world police are corrupt beyond belief and often take the law into their own hands.

And looking at the current situation in first world nations, they'd be better off if some of their officers would do the same.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

And looking at the current situation in first world nations, they'd be better off if some of their officers would do the same.

Huh?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shady said:

Not really comparable to "first degree murder".

If you say so.  Why are you still in the Philippines if you think that is what the cops do to people there?

Shady
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Why are you still in the Philippines if you think that is what the cops do to people there?

I don't base my entire life on what local police do, and if you think it's only what 'I think', re-read the first post of this thread.

Shady
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Huh?

Weak police are just as bad if not worse.

• Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:facepalm_80_anim_gif: OK sunshine now research and put up some stories from around the World, After 20 odd years connected and 12 living here my rose colored glasses are long gone, and just so you can troll some more, I have been a Foreigner  somewhere for over 35 years and lost count of the Countries I have lived, spent much time in, maybe you are just another one that just does not want to be here :whatever:

Sweetie, there wasnt a nanosecond of trolling there. Maybe you should write a book about  your great world travels.

Me im happy and fine here.. but it doesnt stop me from seeing and commenting and criticising that thats available  for all to see. Imagine how the  the parents of the 15 years old who was killed by the police  on whom she had reported rape felt.

And yes Ive been an expat for 38 years.  And have about 15 years here on and off. Then again, Im alright Jack . Thank goodness we all see the world differently.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

With recent events in Mindanao previously to this tragedy, one can't be blamed for thinking, can I really trust that justice will prevail.

Right now most western countries are seeing escalating examples of violence erupting on both sides, including police in many cases.

However Philippines has in my experience, has always kept a strong hold on it's population, though things are now changing through social media, more social injustice is being high-lighted. Those in-powered will be made more accountable for their actions in the future.

If justice is not seen to be fair and unrest becomes the norm, you can expect a whole lot worse to start happening.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Right now most western countries are seeing escalating examples of violence erupting on both sides, including police

More against the police than including police,  that's the problem, and one you'll never see in the Philippines.