Philippines Covid Stats

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The stats below are from the DOH Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDOHgov/

Many comments indicate a lack of confidence in the numbers.  Here is one about the hospital bed stats:

"Do not be deceived with these figures. Try calling the hospitals and they will tell you that they are full, no ICU room, no vacant room for patients. Even ventillators are not available. Perhaps the DOH should publish the names of the hospitals that they are including in their reports. This will ensure that people will go to hospitals where they will be accommodated."

It would seem that would be highly dependent on where you are.  Hospitals might be full in NCR, but in areas where there are not many serious cases, they might not be full.  Add up total capacity for the entire country and possibly these are correct.  I know that in Subic Bay, Olongapo, Bataan and Zambales, hospital capacity is not an issue at all.  After no new cases in quite a while, there were 3 new cases in Zambales 2 days ago.  One was 12 years old with cerebral palsy.  

106466313_3467209923290235_1599501479372732593_o.jpg

This active case breakdown indicates what I have been speculating on before.  It seems like the Philippines is hit rather mildly.  99.4% of active cases are asymptomatic or mild.

106244164_3467209916623569_5202989927734296477_o.jpg   106989409_3467210099956884_642437378272602004_o.jpg

106945042_3467239713287256_1076188727601309418_o.jpg

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info OMW. Although I haven’t really researched it, what I don’t see is the number of ppl tested. Nearly 42k cases in country with a population of about 112 million seems awfully low - considering the lockdowns didn’t start until late March when the virus was already in full swing. Something just doesn’t sit right with me - either there’s many more cases and they’re playing with the stats or, as I suspect, they’re just not testing that many ppl and only reporting those who show up at hospitals sick (if they show up at all as most can’t afford it). Possibly even a combination of both. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gator said:

Thanks for the info OMW. Although I haven’t really researched it, what I don’t see is the number of ppl tested. Nearly 42k cases in country with a population of about 112 million seems awfully low - considering the lockdowns didn’t start until late March when the virus was already in full swing. Something just doesn’t sit right with me - either there’s many more cases and they’re playing with the stats or, as I suspect, they’re just not testing that many ppl and only reporting those who show up at hospitals sick (if they show up at all as most can’t afford it). Possibly even a combination of both. 

According to Worldmeters, PH testing is 7286 per million, which is very bad.  798,476 total tests.

I agree, they are just not testing many people.

They finally opened up the Subic Bay testing facility.  p4000 but I think Philhealth will cover it for many.  I don't think many will volunteer to get tested.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Unless you were sick and needed to know if you had it .... why would you pay to get tested... and then walk out from the test, and immediately not know if you've picked it up on the way home or later?  

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Not to worry....management has it covered: :thumbsup:

fa4b9b01bf3a36a994c89eadcd9af9952f3c9278.jpeg

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

Unless you were sick and needed to know if you had it .... why would you pay to get tested... and then walk out from the test, and immediately not know if you've picked it up on the way home or later?  

Exactly.  My neighbors have been discussing it on our FB group.  In addition to what you said, you also have to go to a place where COVID postitive people may have been, to get tested.

However, some companies are requiring employees to be tested to keep it out of the workplace.  Those are probably the majority of tests at the Subic facility.  Before it officially opened to the public, Subic Bay tested 1000 of their government employees and there were no positives.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Joey G said:

Mostly businesses paying for it I think. My wife had to get employees tested or they weren't allowed in the subdivision her warehouse is in.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Speaking of stats. Here is an interesting comment from Cebu city council.

“The other concern is the deaths. Our data for the deaths only reflects the results from the Vicente Sotto (Memorial Medical Center), but deaths in other hospitals are not recorded,” said Archival.

Archival wants the true data of the COVID-19 deaths of the city to be revealed.

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/324345/cebu-city-council-to-raise-covid-19-concerns-to-cimatu#ixzz6RWORrOOH

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Speaking of stats. Here is an interesting comment from Cebu city council.

Makes me wonder if they are only counting "cases" from selected sources?

• Hmm thinking 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic