Latest on Visas per the San Francisco Consulate

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, DaveB said:

I got the one that allows multiple entry for up to a year, but note that each "entry" is for a 60 day stay - so I have to renew it to stay past 60 days. 

I'm interested to see what it will cost for the extensions.  Same as always or something different?

Did you decide which office to use?

19 minutes ago, DaveB said:

So...even though I have a suspicion absolutely no one in Angeles City knows I'm here, and I could wander the streets without concern, I'm honoring the promise to self-isolate for 14 days.  Don't want to introduce any reasons for additional trouble 

Not sure where you are exactly, but I heard that Angeles City proper is still locked down tight.  Also here in Subic area they have tightened up.  In Olongapo, starting this past Monday, the side streets are barricaded and only local barangay residents can go in and out, with their Quarantine Pass.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DaveB said:

Happy to announce I'm finally in the Philippines, riding out the 14 day self-isolation period in my sister-in-law's house in Angeles City (she's currently in Australia, so we have a good place to stay).

Welcome to the Philippines. I am glad everything worked out okay more or less. Your approach sounded very methodical and careful and obviously you did a great job.

Enjoy your stay and stay safe and healthy.

Incidentally, the checkpoints have tightened up scrutiny here in Davao City in the past few days. The police actually look at passengers in every vehicle carefully checking for masks. Apparently there have been a few new infections noted so that is the reason. Other than that, there don't seem to be any restrictions...yet.

DaveB
Posted
Posted
On 10/8/2020 at 1:09 PM, OnMyWay said:

I'm interested to see what it will cost for the extensions.  Same as always or something different?

Did you decide which office to use?

Not sure where you are exactly, but I heard that Angeles City proper is still locked down tight.  Also here in Subic area they have tightened up.  In Olongapo, starting this past Monday, the side streets are barricaded and only local barangay residents can go in and out, with their Quarantine Pass.

From what I saw on the drive in, things look fairly laid back, but I have to admit most of my observation of the Philippines the last few days has been sitting in a carport watching the world through a gate.  People are pretty much doing their thing, but almost 100% masked.  We did get stopped at the rear gate of Clark when my brother-in-law driver was taking us here to my sister-in-law's house, and we were asked  where we were going.   We put on our masks before that.  All the other checkpoints were just a wave through.;  My brother-in-law had to get a travel pass to come get us in Manila, and he says public places like the mall require face shields.  We stopped at a rest area for lunch outside San Frernando and aside from the social distancing, it was pretty normal.  Other than the stop at Clark, he didn't go through any checkpoints, and we did make some stops around Balibago on the way here, and I didn't note any special activity.  I'll know more about how it goes 11 days from now when I can get out of here.

My 9A visa is simply the basic tourist visa for foreigners that has always existed - but Americans never needed them so no one got them before.  I'm in the same world as any tourist - stay 59 days, and then get it renewed - for a fee that I haven't quite defined yet.

• Like 2