How do I get out of Philippines

mgoodbar46
Posted
Posted

I'm in Guadeloupe under ECQ restrictions.  To get to the airport  would require the ability to leave the Guadeloupe.  I have been unable to receive packages.  My order from Iherb has been stuck in customs in Cebu City since June 20)I cannot travel without a pass.  (There is only 1 for the apartment complex).  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, mgoodbar46 said:

My order from Iherb has been stuck in customs in Cebu City since June 20)

Sounds to me if your short of needed Meds, you need to get ahold of the embassy ASAP/////////do you need the number?

mgoodbar46
Posted
Posted

That sounds like a plan.  I want to leave.  My Filipino wife wants to leave as well.  My bank in the US wants to know when I'm returning to the US.  Until COVID-19 , this was a decent place to live.  But, t this problem does not lend itself to the big hammer  approach many governments are taking.  I have some ideas about how to deal with this issue without shutting everything down, but big governments don't listen.

Shady
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mgoodbar46 said:

My order from Iherb has been stuck in customs in Cebu City since June 20

Do you mean stuck in the post office? Cebu City customs office is only for sea shipments. Lapu Lapu customs is for FedEx DHL, etc

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, mgoodbar46 said:

I'm in Guadeloupe under ECQ restrictions

I assume you mean Guadalupe?

I believe you are allowed to travel to the airport. You will obviously need your tickets as proof. You may need a medical clearance but perhaps read up on what the airlines procedure is. But then best to ensure you are allowed into the country you are traveling to. As for your wife, if she is a citizen of the country you are going to she should be OK but if not I dont think she is allowed out of the Philippines. Be easier to wait a few more weeks to see what the next move is.

• Like 1

mgoodbar46
Posted
Posted

Just tried to do some trading on Binance  using 3commas.  No can do.  To trade, Binance requires id verification.  After jumping through the hoops of verifying my ID, Binance finally notifies me that they cannot verify people living in the Philippines.  It's definitely time to go!

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, mgoodbar46 said:

Just tried to do some trading on Binance  using 3commas.  No can do.  To trade, Binance requires id verification.  After jumping through the hoops of verifying my ID, Binance finally notifies me that they cannot verify people living in the Philippines.  It's definitely time to go!

Really necessary is a lot of updated research pertaining to your own status and partner.

My Canadian friend spent many frustrating weeks just now trying to leave with his wife. The hoops and cancellations he dealt with was unbelievable. If I had just read this would of believed fake news....But no it was true.

I understand the BI are good at replying via FB, if so be sure to print out their advice as many other branches may see the situation differently.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic