Jump to content

Recommended Posts

To be clear, a "Filipino National" is strictly a person who has Philippine passport and not a Balikbayan who only has a single passport from another country. Does that  sound correct? I ask because I know several friends who never bothered to retain dual citizenship... and if I'm reading this correctly they still aren't able to return or visit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

To be clear, a "Filipino National" is strictly a person who has Philippine passport and not a Balikbayan who only has a single passport from another country. Does that  sound correct? I ask because I know several friends who never bothered to retain dual citizenship... and if I'm reading this correctly they still aren't able to return or visit. 

I would say that is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup I cant get back in at the moment ,and I've just been told that I'll have to pay to get my condo disenfected every three months 

I guess they are looking for ways to raise money 

This situation must be killing their tourist industry 

  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Yup I cant get back in at the moment ,and I've just been told that I'll have to pay to get my condo disenfected every three months 

I guess they are looking for ways to raise money 

This situation must be killing their tourist industry 

What tourist industry?  The rules just get crazier and crazier.  I feel for the poor here now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

What tourist industry?  The rules just get crazier and crazier.  I feel for the poor here now.

Yes I get the bit about the crazy rules , I've now got to pay to have my condo disenfected on a regular basis ,despite it being empty since march 

Theres going to be a lot of problems here as well snowy , the economy is taking a big dive

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Yes I get the bit about the crazy rules , I've now got to pay to have my condo disenfected on a regular basis ,despite it being empty since march 

Theres going to be a lot of problems here as well snowy , the economy is taking a big dive

I know of a few foreigners that have done a midnight flit.  The landlord has been looking for the lease money and the foreigners have took advantage of exit flights.  Eventually the Government will have to open the flood doors to recoup some of the lost tax money.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I know of a few foreigners that have done a midnight flit.  The landlord has been looking for the lease money and the foreigners have took advantage of exit flights.  Eventually the Government will have to open the flood doors to recoup some of the lost tax money.

They also moved the payment date for the yearly tax ,it was November, its been moved to january ,of course they did not inform me so I got hit for a 4000 peso fine

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bastonjock said:

They also moved the payment date for the yearly tax ,it was November, its been moved to january ,of course they did not inform me so I got hit for a 4000 peso fine

They don't tell anybody anything here - i don't get bills for land tax, income tax, Philhealth or HOA fees, we are expected to be proactive on these things.  I joke to my wife that such bills are obviously voluntary - actually, I'm only half-joking!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bastonjock said:

They also moved the payment date for the yearly tax ,it was November, its been moved to january ,of course they did not inform me so I got hit for a 4000 peso fine

Yearly tax has always been in January, usually with a discount if you pay by the end of March. You can also pay in quarterly instalments. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...