Online Success Stories

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I was perusing our monthly bills yesterday after reading these posts...

At least here in Davao, it appears that one can pay water, electricity and others - except PhilHealth - online. However, these can only be done using a few specific banks or other means. I will not list them here, but will mention that BDO seems to enable payments for virtually any company that offers that service.

So, after the home is done, I will open up an account at BDO just for this purpose. I still really like the service at PNB, but they don't support payments to everyone (although they do for many that we just don't use). I HATE standing in lines at any time, but especially when it is to pay bills. I feel THEY should stand in line to receive our money!

Sorry, micro-rant there...

I use BPI for my online payments and they cover all that I need that can be paid online - my water and electric companies simply don't have the facility for online payments with any bank, same with Philhealth.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just for a matter of interest, Philhealth says you can pay online with this list, scroll down, https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/

Grab has bill payments which might be different to what billers in different areas show to you but l might be wrong.

There are others like coins.ph but you need to do your research to see if your billier is available for online payment through each bank or app. Union Bank have a long list including housing associations and condos as well as most billers.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, Gator said:

And don’t forget about the extra fees you have to pay at the remote payment centers. For converge cable at a 7/11 an extra 7 pesos and for Angeles City electric an extra 10 pesos is tacked on. Doesn’t sound like much, but think of the thousands of ppl paying it. It adds up fast and is a gift horse for the owners of those payment centers.  Paying online directly to the service provider would cut them out. 

Converge can be paid online through some banks, https://www.convergeict.com/how-do-i-pay-my-monthly-subscription/

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just for a matter of interest, Philhealth says you can pay online with this list, scroll down, https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/

Yeah...i looked into that but it turns out it's only for employers, not individually paying members.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, hk blues said:

For online payments here, Tom, it depends on the provider.  Yes, autopay is possible but again it depends on the provider. For example, I can pay Globe, Cignal and BPI Insurance via BPI online banking but not my electric or water bill or Philhealth - they have to be paid at one of the payment centres.  

Globe!  Well, to me the desire to be efficient isn't strong here - the lack of competition doesn't help not does the fact that labour is cheap.  Add to that the apparent love of being in a queue and you can see why things move at a snails pace.  

paying the above mentioned on line HK did you need to have the BPI enroll the payees or were you able to do this on line.?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

paying the above mentioned on line HK did you need to have the BPI enroll the payees or were you able to do this on line.?

I was able to do everything online, RBM - including signing up for BPI online banking itself.  Saying that,I had already registered my email and mobile number with them previously - I'm not sure what would have happened had I not done this.  As for enrolling payees,  Cignal was simple but Globe less so because there were 3 options and not immediately obvious which one was for my particular service - figured it out eventually. 

I'm impressed with the system - no hiccups so far!