Philippines to allow some foreigners to enter country from August

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just before this all started I was about to start the 13A process but they stopped taking applications,  I wonder if they've started again.  No doubt every county's Philippine embassy will have a different response but I'll let everyone know the Australian PI consulate's  response.  

Edit:  Just read the article, not accepting new applications still.  Oh well, it's a waiting game I guess.  AM and I haven't seen each other since 2 days after our wedding... Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Good news for those foreigners stuck outside the country who have an SRRV or a 13A.

In another article with more info those who are allowed to enter must have a pre booked quarantine accredited hotel so thats where they will stay. So if one person has this virus I guess many who could join them in quarantine could end up the same. 

MANILA: The Philippines' coronavirus task force has approved the entry of foreign nationals holding long-term visas starting from Aug 1, the presidential spokesman said on Friday (Jul 17). 

Foreigners with valid and existing visas would need to undergo quarantine upon arrival, said Harry Roque, spokesman for President Rodrigo Duterte.

Long-term visa holders refer to foreigners living and working in the country, Roque told Reuters.

Applications for new entry visas will not be accepted and returning Filipinos will have priority on inbound flights given existing caps on airport capacity, the task force said.

The Bureau of Immigration banned the entry of foreigners into the country in March to contain the spread of the new coronavirus. The Southeast Asian country has reported 61,266 cases of the virus and 1,643 related deaths.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

And abstinance makes ...?:SugarwareZ-037:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

And abstinance makes ...?

hair grow on your palms :hystery:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Aaaahhh... poor Brett! Seriously...and any others who are stranded...really...

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Just before this all started I was about to start the 13A process but they stopped taking applications,  I wonder if they've started again.  No doubt every county's Philippine embassy will have a different response but I'll let everyone know the Australian PI consulate's  response.  

Edit:  Just read the article, not accepting new applications still.  Oh well, it's a waiting game I guess.  AM and I haven't seen each other since 2 days after our wedding... Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

Certainly here they are accepting 13A applications. I started mine in March but fell foul of the lockdown and BI stopped accepting applications. But here in CDO they started accepting application on 1st June. I submitted mine on June 2nd. They did advise it will take longer to process due to the backlog generally.

• Thanks 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And abstinance makes ...?:SugarwareZ-037:

Try Absinthe... wonderful drink ... put me to sleep for 15 hours on day.

• Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Certainly here they are accepting 13A applications. I started mine in March but fell foul of the lockdown and BI stopped accepting applications. But here in CDO they started accepting application on 1st June. I submitted mine on June 2nd. They did advise it will take longer to process due to the backlog generally.

Thanks mate, I'll email the embassy here in Australia after all.

• Like 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted

I thought those married to Filipinas, whether having 13A or not, were always allowed back in.  I've been following VFamily on YouTube who just returned from the US to Bohol with only his marriage certificate and a copy of his wife's passport.