Jump to content

Philippines to allow some foreigners to enter country from August


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Youngster said:

I thought those married to Filipinas, whether having 13A or not, were always allowed back in.  I've been following VFamily on YouTube who just returned from the US to Bohol with only his marriage certificate and a copy of his wife's passport.

It was my understanding that you had to be accompanied by your wife to do this.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

It was my understanding that you had to be accompanied by your wife to do this.   

According to one BI official in Angeles City I've talked to last month, you can enter/exit alone if you possess 13A, but I never thought to ask if possible with only marriage certificate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Youngster said:

According to one BI official in Angeles City I've talked to last month, you can enter/exit alone if you possess 13A, but I never thought to ask if possible with only marriage certificate.

Ah ok, 13A is different to Balikbayan (sp?) privilege.  I believe there's a number of members here that entered on Balikbayan and then converted to 13A whilst there on their 12 month stay.  I can't remember any that have applied for the 13A whilst overseas, but in my previous discussions with the PI embassy here in Aust it is an option, but I can't get a straight answer from them as to whether they send you an ACR-I card with the "permanent resident" endorsement or an endorsement on your passport, or both.  In the case you mention, I'm wondering what visa he actually already holds.  I suspect yes, 13A.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

 I can't remember any that have applied for the 13A whilst overseas, but in my previous discussions with the PI embassy here in Aust it is an option, but I can't get a straight answer from them as to whether they send you an ACR-I card with the "permanent resident" endorsement or an endorsement on your passport, or both.  In the case you mention, I'm wondering what visa he actually already holds.  I suspect yes, 13A.  

I applied in Hong Kong 5 years ago.  It was a simple enough process and avoided having the 1st year temporary if obtained here.  The visa process took about 3-4 weeks after submitting all documents and the visa was then fixed into my passport.  The ACR-I card process was done here after I arrived - I had to report to the BI within 7 days of arrival.

Simple enough if you are organised and no need to get an agent and spend a lot unless you really want to.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I applied in Hong Kong 5 years ago.  It was a simple enough process and avoided having the 1st year temporary if obtained here.  The visa process took about 3-4 weeks after submitting all documents and the visa was then fixed into my passport.  The ACR-I card process was done here after I arrived - I had to report to the BI within 7 days of arrival.

Simple enough if you are organised and no need to get an agent and spend a lot unless you really want to.  

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.  It's probably the path I'll go down when they open the application process again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, Youngster said:

According to one BI official in Angeles City I've talked to last month, you can enter/exit alone if you possess 13A, but I never thought to ask if possible with only marriage certificate.

The wording of the ruling only mentions proof of your marriage - but for a chap I know trying to fly in the local Philippines Embassy prioritised seats to OFWs and returning citizens (and spouses), then 13A holders, then those with proof of marriage - and there were never enough seats - so be aware that you may qualify but there can be a pecking order?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Avalon said:

The wording of the ruling only mentions proof of your marriage - but for a chap I know trying to fly in the local Philippines Embassy prioritised seats to OFWs and returning citizens (and spouses), then 13A holders, then those with proof of marriage - and there were never enough seats - so be aware that you may qualify but there can be a pecking order?

I wonder how they can manage bookings using such a system - how do they know how many OFWs will book for example?  At what point can they open bookings for the next level in the pecking order?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I wonder how they can manage bookings using such a system - how do they know how many OFWs will book for example?  At what point can they open bookings for the next level in the pecking order?

Yes, it's quite erratic and was the decision of the local Philippines Ambassador.  I'm waiting on my 13A which I'm told has been approved but as BI Manila is in lockdown I can't go there to complete the fingerprinting / biometrics etc.  I wouldn't consider leaving currently without this in place as you're at the mercy of an appointed official as to whether you can come home or not.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avalon said:

  I'm waiting on my 13A which I'm told has been approved but as BI Manila is in lockdown I can't go there to complete the fingerprinting / biometrics etc. 

That comes last? Can you do it at another office?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shady said:

That comes last? Can you do it at another office?

Unfortunately not - all my docs are at BI Intramuros and they want to issue the ACR iCard from there also - ideally I visit, submit biometrics, then leave with Passport and visa while awaiting the ACR iCard

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...