Christmas Party For Deprived Children 2009

daisy
Posted
Posted

Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc with the full support of the Expatriates Community will again give a Christmas Party for the deprived children here in Cagayan de Oro City. If you remember we started it last year with only 200 children in the Landfill Area of CDO. Now, we have expanded a little for we will be catering at least 1000 children in four different barangays in the area. We will also have our Expatriates posing as Santa Klaus who will have their own gift giving along with one civic organization, the Beta Sigma Fraternity and Sigma Beta Sorority Alumni Association, where I am also a member. We are also working that the Rotary Anns where one of the ELCI lady is a member to join us in the gift giving. We are almost ready at this point however one aspect that's driving me nuts is the Raffle Draw where we are committed to give away a total prize of 40K pesos and the ladies are selling the tickets like crazy these days. Today, I have a friend in the church who bought 100 tickets worth 1000 pesos. She told me to number the ticket 1 to 100 and give it to the first 100 children who will arrive at the party. Hence, giving me the idea to sell the tickets here. This will give our beneficiaries a chance to bring home the prize we are giving away on December 19. 2009, (the DAY!) The prizes are as follows:10 WINNERS of "Noche Buena" Package worth 3000 pesos10 WINNERS of 1000 pesos CASH PrizeTime is running so fast......any-help.gif11_12_14[1].gifth_thanx.gif for allowing me to post this one here....!

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc with the full support of the Expatriates Community will again give a Christmas Party for the deprived children here in Cagayan de Oro City. If you remember we started it last year with only 200 children in the Landfill Area of CDO. Now, we have expanded a little for we will be catering at least 1000 children in four different barangays in the area. We will also have our Expatriates posing as Santa Klaus who will have their own gift giving along with one civic organization, the Beta Sigma Fraternity and Sigma Beta Sorority Alumni Association, where I am also a member. We are also working that the Rotary Anns where one of the ELCI lady is a member to join us in the gift giving. We are almost ready at this point however one aspect that's driving me nuts is the Raffle Draw where we are committed to give away a total prize of 40K pesos and the ladies are selling the tickets like crazy these days. Today, I have a friend in the church who bought 100 tickets worth 1000 pesos. She told me to number the ticket 1 to 100 and give it to the first 100 children who will arrive at the party. Hence, giving me the idea to sell the tickets here. This will give our beneficiaries a chance to bring home the prize we are giving away on December 19. 2009, (the DAY!) The prizes are as follows:10 WINNERS of "Noche Buena" Package worth 3000 pesos10 WINNERS of 1000 pesos CASH PrizeTime is running so fast......any-help.gif11_12_14[1].gifth_thanx.gif for allowing me to post this one here....!
Hi Daisy think Alan still has my P1,000 from last year for the hosting can add that into the kitty for 100 tickets as I havent been down to CDO this year yet to pick it up.lol

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Daisy, have you set up a paypal account yet? I do not think my wife and I will be going to CDO next year and we are not going to get to Cebu until February, so unless you are coming to Cebu between Feb and May 2010, then I do not want to ask you to lay out any more for us for that long.

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes Matt, I have told Alan already and he will me the money....thank you very very much!Hi Lee, we still have no paypal account. please try my BPI remittance account.....the bank, during their orientation last month told us this is cheaper and faster....please try it but if it is expensive, I will ask some of the members who have paypal account. Attached is the sample of our raffle ticket. CHEERS!in behalf of ELCI, daisy post-1-12593105125143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boss Man
reduced image size

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

No problem Daisy glad to help pity your not in Cebu start of December as I have a party going on maybe next time you an Alan can make it.

daisy
Posted
Posted

Hi LeeThanks God, have one expat here who allow us to use his paypal account: Robert "Bob" McCrea, one of the moderators of the CDO yahoo group.paypal account is:rep8nt@hotmail.comMatt,We really hope we could make one trip to Cebu and meet up with you guys!Thanks and God bless PEF!!!

• 2 weeks later...
daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Huh! Laila McCrea and I spent the whole day collecting the sales of the raffle tickets in various government offices and even the barangay beneficiary of our party but when office hours closed, what we got are just promises to return next week! The draw will start on December 19 and our total ticket sales including Lee's and Matt's is only 11,200! Huh! Please if in any case you have extra, please buy a ticket and as promised we will put the names of the children so that all of them will have the chance to bring home the Christmas Noche Buena package worth 3000 pesos or the 1000 pesos Cash prizes. Just in case I have touch your heart in this point, please deposit it to our BPI account, no charge anywhere in the Philippines! Raffle draw will be on December 19 for 4 winners, December 20 for 3 winners and December 21 fro 3 winners! Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc.Savings Account# 009323-0175-03Thanks daisy

Edited by daisy

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Huh! Laila McCrea and I spent the whole day collecting the sales of the raffle tickets in various government offices and even the barangay beneficiary of our party but when office hours closed, what we got are just promises to return next week! The draw will start on December 19 and our total ticket sales including Lee's and Matt's is only 11,200! Huh! Please if in any case you have extra, please buy a ticket and as promised we will put the names of the children so that all of them will have the chance to bring home the Christmas Noche Buena package worth 3000 pesos or the 1000 pesos Cash prizes. Just in case I have touch your heart in this point, please deposit it to our BPI account, no charge anywhere in the Philippines! Raffle draw will be on December 19 for 4 winners, December 20 for 3 winners and December 21 fro 3 winners! Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc.Savings Account# 009323-0175-03Thanks daisy
Members, my wife and I always try to donate to legitimate charities and to forums like this one that help people and also end up helping the economy of the Philippines in doing so, so we donate to the Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc. because we know it to be a real charity where all the money goes to the kids and the poor and none of it is to pay employees because everyone is a volunteer who does the work and besides that I have seen some of the good they do. I found it hard to donate since we are in the states right now so Daisy provided a friends paypal account in a previous post and that was how we donated. All politics aside, helping the poor is what it is all about IMO so if you can donate even a few pesos or dollars then it could help the people that the charity provides for. I guess most of us are having problems with money nowadays and I know for a fact that my income has been cut significantly this year but I would rather cut out a few meals out or other wasteful spending that we often do and at least be able to give a little to real charities than not give at all. Giving is a personal choice, so no one is obligated to give but in this case the cause is just, so if you can afford to, and I know a lot of us may not be able to, so that is fully understood in today's world, then try to give something and if you do not wish your name mentioned then tell Daisy so and she will not post it.

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)
Members, my wife and I always try to donate to legitimate charities and to forums like this one that help people and also end up helping the economy of the Philippines in doing so, so we donate to the Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc. because we know it to be a real charity where all the money goes to the kids and the poor and none of it is to pay employees because everyone is a volunteer who does the work and besides that I have seen some of the good they do. I found it hard to donate since we are in the states right now so Daisy provided a friends paypal account in a previous post and that was how we donated. All politics aside, helping the poor is what it is all about IMO so if you can donate even a few pesos or dollars then it could help the people that the charity provides for. I guess most of us are having problems with money nowadays and I know for a fact that my income has been cut significantly this year but I would rather cut out a few meals out or other wasteful spending that we often do and at least be able to give a little to real charities than not give at all. Giving is a personal choice, so no one is obligated to give but in this case the cause is just, so if you can afford to, and I know a lot of us may not be able to, so that is fully understood in today's world, then try to give something and if you do not wish your name mentioned then tell Daisy so and she will not post it.
Hi Lee and Nila!Thank you so much for this overwhelming voice of support.....this means a lot for us! I will have this printed and I will show to the gurls Nil. You know us gamay ra kalipay!:551: (agoy I hope correct ako emoticon...basta group hug na Nil....ikaw na sa middle! :thumbsup:CHEERS!daisy Edited by daisy

• 2 weeks later...
daisy
Posted
Posted

Here are some of the pictures....will be adding more soon.http://expatsladiescharities.wordpress.com/2009/12/22/childrens-christmas-party-pictures/Thanks for making it a success! CHEERS!