Hats off to China!

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I'm wondering how many of these 50 something and 60 something Filipinos with poorly managed health conditions will die of Covid 19 and never be diagnosed because it 'was a stroke' or 'it was pneumonia'... probably quite a few.  Enough to match the Western care facility deaths?  Probably not but I suspect it will still be a substantial portion of those deaths that do happen from Covid in the Philippines.

That´s the opposite to what has happened here in Sweden. All who dies here and is  infected with covid   get´s covid as cause of death, even if they were in last stage of cancer prior to getting infected. Also many older people in nursing homes getting infected did not get proper treatment to cure them but only palliative care!!!!

I feel ashamed about how Sweden has handled this situation.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

They are both fruit, dammit

that brought a smile to my face :hystery: thanks

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I am seriously peeved by people who say that I can’t compare apples and oranges, or that it is a mistake to compare apples and oranges. They are both fruit, dammit. They both grow on trees. They have comparable contents (i.e. vitamins, carbohydrates, fiber, and so on) and grow to comparable sizes. So puh-leez don’t tell me that apples and oranges can’t or shouldn't be compared. They are prime candidates for comparison. They have in fact been subjected to rigorous scientific comparison. Cite

Maybe change it to potatoes and grapefruit? :smile:

• Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Viking said:

That´s the opposite to what has happened here in Sweden. All who dies here and is  infected with covid   get´s covid as cause of death, even if they were in last stage of cancer prior to getting infected. Also many older people in nursing homes getting infected did not get proper treatment to cure them but only palliative care!!!!

I feel ashamed about how Sweden has handled this situation.

Yikes, you'll explode when you see how bad it's likely to get in the US. Two months ago I guessed there would be 400,000 'rona deaths in the US by the end of the year. I'm about ready to revise upward.

People are stupid. Friday night I went to Sushifest, a gathering of climbers and other outdoor enthusiasts at which a first class sushi feast is served in a camping-type venue. There were about 30 people in attendance. I was shocked. You would have thought it was 2019. I expected better from what I think were almost entirely college-educated people. I left after a short while.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Sad 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Maybe change it to potatoes and grapefruit? :smile:

That works for me.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Yikes, you'll explode when you see how bad it's likely to get in the US. Two months ago I guessed there would be 400,000 'rona deaths in the US by the end of the year. I'm about ready to revise upward.

People are stupid. Friday night I went to Sushifest, a gathering of climbers and other outdoor enthusiasts at which a first class sushi feast is served in a camping-type venue. There were about 30 people in attendance. I was shocked. You would have thought it was 2019. I expected better from what I think were almost entirely college-educated people. I left after a short while.

Guy, I don't understand. You said that you, yourself went there, aware that a pandemic is occurring.

Why were  they "stupid" and what shocked you ?

Perhaps you were expecting proper social distancing protocols and masks while engaging in a small bit of needed socializing.... and it wasn't happening.

I wouldn't expect too much when people gather anywhere for socializing purposes.

My niece just married her living partner of 20 years last week. It was a small, mostly family private outdoor ceremony, but it shocked me to see the group photo pictures. It was like all were oblivious to the current situation. Not a mask to be seen. This was in semi-rural Wisconsin. 

I don't get it, but am glad I'm on the other side of the globe in a relatively safe zone and didn't have to attend.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Guy, I don't understand. You said that you, yourself went there, aware that a pandemic is occurring.

Why were  they "stupid" and what shocked you ?

Perhaps you were expecting proper social distancing protocols and masks while engaging in a small bit of needed socializing.... and it wasn't happening.

I wouldn't expect too much when people gather anywhere for socializing purposes.

My niece just married her living partner of 20 years last week. It was a small, mostly family private outdoor ceremony, but it shocked me to see the group photo pictures. It was like all were oblivious to the current situation. Not a mask to be seen. This was in semi-rural Wisconsin. 

I don't get it, but am glad I'm on the other side of the globe in a relatively safe zone and didn't have to attend.

An old friend was there. In past years it has proven to be an opportunity to catch up with old friends and gain new friends. The food is always guaranteed to be unbeatable, with sushi prepared by a master chef using seafood flown in from Hawaii the same day.

There was no distancing and I only saw one mask other than mine. There was a hand washing station but in the half hour I was there I saw no one using it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Guy F. said:

you'll explode when you see how bad it's likely to get in the US.

Right, wrong or indifferent, there is a large segment of American population who take the below seriously. If you are in Wyoming you are probably in the thick of it. Probably a little different on the coasts or more liberal parts of the country

tread.jpg

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, scott h said:

Right, wrong or indifferent, there is a large segment of American population who take the below seriously. If you are in Wyoming you are probably in the thick of it. Probably a little different on the coasts or more liberal parts of the country

Wyoming is the best place in the U.S. as far as Covid.  The treatments are so good, that people are coming back to life!  See the latest daily deaths chart.

Screenshot (320)_LI.jpg

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic