Anyone use a bread maker?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

At least he didn’t say it ‘And I tested it, works great, perfect size for our underwear!” .......

..... or did he? :shock_40_anim_gif:

Or wash a Rooster?

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Or wash a Rooster?

Yeah, I wouldn't want to eat bread out of a machine that was used for.... cock washing :whistling:

• Haha 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Or wash a Rooster?

Edited by jimeve

insite
Posted
Posted

I use mine frequently to make yogurt  - I use fresh buffalo milk and it is quiet delicious.

It also makes jam but I have yet to try this.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

My partner is making excellent bread by hand with wholemeal flour and some seeds. She is following an Aussie baker on You Tube and found that what he says is correct, no kneading just a lot of folding the dough. I am very happy with the results just the crust does not last, due to humidity i think.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, RBM said:

My partner is making excellent bread by hand with wholemeal flour and some seeds. She is following an Aussie baker on You Tube and found that what he says is correct, no kneading just a lot of folding the dough. I am very happy with the results just the crust does not last, due to humidity i think.

I've seen the no knead bread recipes one simply folds the dough good to know it comes out so good. Don maybe try this before buying equipment?

I may try this myself thanks!

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I've seen the no knead bread recipes one simply folds the dough good to know it comes out so good. Don maybe try this before buying equipment?

I may try this myself thanks!

Worth a shot!

Sometimes life throws a curveball but you have to hang in there!  My wife has been baking a lot and everything has come out really good!  However, I am strictly on a low carb diet and the most I can do is taste a nibble! 

Yesterday, she baked cinnamon rolls from scratch using a dough with yeast that has to rise, twice, etc..  The whole house was filled with the delicious smell of fresh cinnamon rolls, reminding me of my youth and my mom's cinnamon rolls.  My mom used to bake pies and always bake pies and with the extra pie crust, she would make small cinnamon rolls that came out very crispy / flaky like a pie crust. So good!

I have resisted!  I'm down 14 kilos and determined to return to a normal weight.  I'm going to find her a keto bread recipe and have her give it a shot!  I still have not talked her into a bread machine but I think she is starting to see the light, after all the kneading she did yesterday!

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have resisted!  I'm down 14 kilos and determined to return to a normal weight.  I'm going to find her a keto bread recipe and have her give it a shot!  I still have not talked her into a bread machine but I think she is starting to see the light, after all the kneading she did yesterday!

Keto works well but a very strict keto diet can lead to other health problems. I have a niece who ended up in the hospital after losing a great deal of weight using keto. I think it was her spleen but would have to verify that.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

Keto works well but a very strict keto diet can lead to other health problems. I have a niece who ended up in the hospital after losing a great deal of weight using keto. I think it was her spleen but would have to verify that.

Yes, it depends on what you call Keto.  A true Keto diet is quite healthy and includes a lot of vegetables.  An Atkins style no carbs at all diet can be hard on some of the internal organs, but if you drink lots of water, it can minimize those risks.

• Like 1