Posted

actually looks like they put some thought into this one

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

21 July 2020
PRESS RELEASE
Only permanent residents can enter PH starting August 1, BI clarifies
MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) clarified that only foreigners with permanent or immigrant visas can enter the country starting August 1.
"For the information of the public, the entry of foreign tourists, non-immigrant visa holders, and other categories of aliens are still prohibited. They will be turned back if they land in any of our ports of entry," BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said.
The BI Chief issued the statement upon learning that immigration offices at the airports, and other field offices of the Bureau were being swamped with calls and queries from persons who wrongly thought that the country has opened its doors to all foreigners.
"The resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) is clear - only foreigners with existing long-term visas will be allowed entry beginning August 1. So if you are not a permanent resident here, do not attempt to travel to the Philippines because you will be excluded and denied entry by our immigration officers," Morente said.
He appealed to the public to stop spreading fake news that all foreigners are now welcome to enter the Philippines as it will only sow confusion, and create chaos in our airports if there is a sudden surge in the arrival of foreigners still covered by the travel ban.
According to BI Port Operations Division Acting Chief Grifton Medina, there are only four visa categories of aliens who will be allowed entry starting next month. 
Medina said these aliens must fall under the following categories: those who were issued non-immigrant visas under Section 13 of the Immigration act; those who acquired resident status under Republic Act 7919 or Alien Social Integration Act; those who availed of Executive Order 324 or Alien Legalization Program; and native-born foreign nationals.
Medina also stressed that foreigners married to Filipinos and their dependents, as well as foreign diplomats, can also come here as earlier resolved by the IATF.
"We are therefore advising the different airlines to take note of these latest travel guidelines so that they can accordingly inform their foreign customers who may wish to book their flights to the Philippines," the BI official said.
Medina added that the BI does not expect a major upsurge in foreign arrivals despite the lifting of entry restrictions on immigrant visa holders as the Bureau's records indicate that there are only about 15,000 of them who are stranded abroad due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Note that SRRV visa holders still arent allowed. The product is sold as a permanent residence type visa but this pandemic sadly has proven that we holders of SRRV are very low on the totem pole . I hope we all make our position clear to the good people of PRA.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

ONLY 15,000 'stranded'.  :rolleyes:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Freebie said:

Note that SRRV visa holders still arent allowed. The product is sold as a permanent residence type visa but this pandemic sadly has proven that we holders of SRRV are very low on the totem pole .

I've been thinking about which way to go with a permanent visa when I can finally get back into the Philippines.  I like to travel to aussie at least once a year which is why I was thinking about the SRRV becuase the 13A has a requirement to stay in the Philippines for the first 12 months (not a deal breaker but it was a point in the favor of the SRRV).  Having seen how the SRRV holders have been excluded from the 'permanent visa' holder entry lists is making me wonder why bother with it and I think I'm going to go down the 13A path.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

13A has a requirement to stay in the Philippines for the first 12 months

G.......are you sure about that? My memory might be flawed or my info out of date, but when I got my 13a, I know that I hade to remain in county for 6 months before applying for my NBI investigation but as soon as that was done and submitted we could leave (if i remember right) but just had to inform NBI. 

I would suggest a re read of the requirements, we all know that government double speak can be misleading at times lol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, scott h said:

G.......are you sure about that? My memory might be flawed or my info out of date, but when I got my 13a, I know that I hade to remain in county for 6 months before applying for my NBI investigation but as soon as that was done and submitted we could leave (if i remember right) but just had to inform NBI. 

I would suggest a re read of the requirements, we all know that government double speak can be misleading at times lol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Ummm no... not sure... that's just what I was told when I was in BI and asked about the 13A.

If it's only 6 months that wouldn't be an issue at all.  I will do some more reading, although as you point out that doesn't always provide a definite answer...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I will do some more reading, although as you point out that doesn't always provide a definite answer...

Frustrating I know. 

It has gotten to the point when ever I hear "They said" I always ask WHO is they. We all know that if you ask an official here a question, most likely the next official will contradict it lolol

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've been thinking about which way to go with a permanent visa when I can finally get back into the Philippines.  I like to travel to aussie at least once a year which is why I was thinking about the SRRV becuase the 13A has a requirement to stay in the Philippines for the first 12 months (not a deal breaker but it was a point in the favor of the SRRV).  Having seen how the SRRV holders have been excluded from the 'permanent visa' holder entry lists is making me wonder why bother with it and I think I'm going to go down the 13A path.

Its a fair point. But if you assume that this Covid 19 situation is a " one of " then the SRRV still makes sense as theres no annual reporting, renewal is a breeze once every 3 years etc and no requrement to stay in country regaardless if its 6 or 12 months requirement. Although at this moment were all staying in country for far longer than perhaps planned.

But of course if there are other events ahead such as Covid-25 etc then maybe the 13A is easier. Swings... .and the things that go round.

• Like 2