Foreigners arriving into the Philippines

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Its a fair point. But if you assume that this Covid 19 situation is a " one of " then the SRRV still makes sense as theres no annual reporting, renewal is a breeze once every 3 years etc and no requrement to stay in country regaardless if its 6 or 12 months requirement

It's not so much that I think we're going to see a 'Covid-25' problem (I think it's unlikely in my remaining lifetime given how often pandemics happen on average).

It's more that up until now I regarded the SRRV as being the 'premium option' long term Visa which I expected would have put holders at the front of the foreigner line for entry but that hasn't happened (not in front of Filipinos of course but at least in front of foreigners with other Visas).  That hasn't happened.  I was considering doing an SRRV from Australia in preperation for the borders to be opened again to long term foreign Visa holders but I won't be doing that now  because it has no benefit to me and if I've got to wait for tourist visas to be allowed entry again then I might as well do a 13A.

Edited by GeoffH

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

but I won't be doing that now  because it has no benefit to me and if I've got to wait for tourist visas to be allowed entry again then I might as well do a 13A.

Geoff, I think we can all hear what you are saying BUT and there is always a but :89: the wording of the order is Long standing Permanent Visas,  although it is not stated how long is long Standing, I tend to think that a new 13a  may not qualify for this issue but as we say " We know where are ":smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
slight spelling error now sorted

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I tend to think that a new 13a  may not qualify for this issue but as we say " We know where are ":smile:

Hmmm that's an interpretation that I hadn't thought of... more research needed I think.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, GeoffH said:

Hmmm that's an interpretation that I hadn't thought of... more research needed I think.

But, if you are married to a Filipina, which you would have to be in order to get a 13A, aren't you allowed to enter as per the notice?  

Maybe I'm missing the point?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

But, if you are married to a Filipina, which you would have to be in order to get a 13A, aren't you allowed to enter as per the notice?  

I'm engaged, we were scheduled to get married after I arrived back into the Philippines.  That never happened because Covid stranded me in Australia.

If I have to wait for tourist Visas to be approved then I might as well get married then apply for a 13A instead of paying $10,000 for an SRRV.

I was considering paying out the $10,000 in order to get back sooner but if it's not going to be sooner then I can't see the point because I still have to wait for tourist visas to be allowed back in (which probably won't happen until there is a vaccine).

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

HK the point is the order states those with "Long standing Permanent visa" shall be admitted what is not stated is how Long in time has the Visa been Held :whatever:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

HK the point is the order states those with "Long standing Permanent visa" shall be admitted what is not stated is how Long in time has the Visa been Held :whatever:

I understand that Jack, but if Geoff was married and had a 13A he would be allowed entry as someone married to a Filipina - the type of visa held doesn't seem to matter in such an instance.  In essence, the 13a is irrelevant.   

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

In essence, the 13a is irrelevant.   

Now this is where it all gets complicated :rolleyes:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Now this is where it all gets complicated :rolleyes:

I know Jack, I know! :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Ummm no... not sure... that's just what I was told when I was in BI and asked about the 13A.

If it's only 6 months that wouldn't be an issue at all.  I will do some more reading, although as you point out that doesn't always provide a definite answer...

You are allowed to leave, but you must apply for a waiver.  At least that is what I was told when I got mine 13A a couple of years back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2