Foreigners arriving into the Philippines

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

No guarantee they'll give you a tourist extension though, I've had a BI office tell me they wouldn't extend mine again when I'd not even been here a year. Wouldn't want to be risking it if I'd just put 10mil+ into a house here.

Now this is interesting, something I have never heard of before, plus have met the odd belligerent ex pat in BI office.

Suspect perhaps you said something inadvertently or otherwise to trigger this reaction. I have found the officiers at BI office to be very pleasant. Not always so at airports.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Correct how ever as I understand there are a few hoops to jump through to obtain same, plus expenses and one must go through a probationary period.

Agree totally horses.....my P15k included express fees, my case its no hassle to pop down every 6 months. Just the ECC is a pain, not sure if required for a 13a.

Always I enjoy to have a period out of the country  once a year, sadly not this time.

If we're purely looking at the cost aspect, a 13A is definitely the better option - as I said you're breaking even within 2 years and thereafter you're gaining vs a Tourist Visa UNLESS you're coming and going several times a year.  

That said, money isn't the only consideration. The 13A does require some hoop-jumping so some short-term pain.  

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, RBM said:

Now this is interesting, something I have never heard of before, plus have met the odd belligerent ex pat in BI office.

Suspect perhaps you said something inadvertently or otherwise to trigger this reaction. I have found the officiers at BI office to be very pleasant. Not always so at airports.

I think I got unlucky with a bad office, they have a lot of reviews on Google of people saying the same. Never had an issue at any other offices, but it's definitely a possibility.

• Like 1