Postal address

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Wandsworthbob said:

Absolutely nothing related to what I asked!! 

Sorry about that, this is a relaxed and friendly forum but we do tend to stray away from original topics a lot.  I haven’t personally heard of managed postal addresses in the Philippines and I haven’t seen a thread discussing Philippines based ones either (although I’ve seen a few talking about them in other countries).

• Like 1

Wandsworthbob
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, scott h said:

One of the idosyncrasies of this forum Wand, your question was probably answered (to the best of our ability) in the first few responses. But after 4 pages we do stray off topic at times :angry_80_anim_gif:

👍👍

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, OnMyWay said:

COVID comes around and the government creates a big stimulus package.  $1200 per person, IF you reside in the U.S. and/or the IRS thinks you are.  So, I got shafted out of $1200 because I had been filing with my Philippines address.  As soon as I realized this, I filed form 8822, but it was too late.

I watch a youtube vlogger who is American and his wife is Thi who used to live in the states. On one video the mail come with there checks to their house in Thailand so I dont think that is correct that you missed out because of your address.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I watch a youtube vlogger who is American and his wife is Thi who used to live in the states. On one video the mail come with there checks to their house in Thailand so I dont think that is correct that you missed out because of your address.

You are correct.  I sent a message to Scott about that because we were going off topic.  My memory went blank on the real reason.  Later I realized that it was not the address, it was the fact that I filed taxes jointly with my wife and she does not have an Social Security #, only an ITIN.  If filing jointly and one person has ITIN, not eligible.

A lot of couples got shafted, even those living in the USA.  There was a petition but it does not look like it got far.  Hopefully, the next payment does not have this restriction.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/include-mixed-status-ssn-itin-cares-act-economic-relief-fund?fbclid=IwAR1keykMWctPxxq9AMgTJVB5iH8loHhLcDf1QPmMHeUsge6LqpBffRw-zh8

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Hopefully, the next payment does not have this restriction.

Next payment?

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shady said:

Next payment?

They are debating the specifics in the next stimulus package, right now.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They are debating the specifics in the next stimulus package, right now.

Don't hold your breath...

• Like 1