Subdivision Fees

carbpow
Posted
Posted

I rented in two subdivisions prior to buying land in a new subdivision. We have built a house but are a little peeved at the developer charging for us 100php for every delivery made to our house. During construction we had to pay for every truck delivering building materials. Now that we have moved we are charged for furniture deliveries. We inquired as to who gets the money but the gatekeeper is not forthcoming with information. Does anyone else experience the same fees in their subdivision? I see nothing in our contract when we bought the land regarding these fees. 

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, carbpow said:

We inquired as to who gets the money but the gatekeeper is not forthcoming with information. 

Most likely you answered your own question. 

Did you get receipts? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I'd be checking with the HOA or at least asking other subd. residents.

TimL
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the gatekeeper might have a nice little side business going on to supplement his income. 

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife's old sub-division in Laguna was not really a private sub-division, but it had an unmanned guard house at the entrance.  However, it appeared that some of the residents near the entrance acted as gate keepers and also asked a small fee for deliveries to come inside.  Total scam yet they would get away with it most of the time as most will just pay up a small fee.

• Like 1

carbpow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

'd be checking with the HOA or at least asking other subd. residents.

We did, all have to pay, we will start asking for receipts. It's a fairly new subdivision, not many homes yet and no HOA yet.

They just started putting in permanent poles for electricity. On our street they broke through the 30 cm drainage line to dig the holes, went straight thru in 5 places. We went to the developer immediately and said we wanted our drainage rerouted or else the garage would flood. Wife quoted them the R.A. governing developers and they repaired the next day. When I asked the developer why the power company broke thru the drain line everywhere. He laughed and said that is where his design architect said they should be located. Having lived in the Philippines for a few years I found that not to be very surprising.

We will be further investigating this fee for delivery. Most other homeowners are hesitant to question as the developer is the vice mayor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We have an HOA and certainly don't pay for any deliveries but we are required to get a gate pass for larger items and building materials but there is no charge for this.  Unfortunately, as this is the Philippines some residents think it's perfectly acceptable to circumvent this system and pass a few pesos to guards in order to avoid the hassle of getting the pass. Why do people always want to work around what is a perfectly workable system!  

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We rented in Sta Rosa Estates 1 in Laguna when we first mover here before building.  The house we rented was furnished so that was not an issue.  We were given homeowner rules from the subdivision when we signed a lease.  Wow so many rules and fees.  One rule I noticed because we were expecting a 20' container we shipped from the US.  Delivery trucks are charged per axle!  When our container arrived it was  on the back of a triple axle 40' long trailer and the truck had three back and one forward axle.  If my memory is correct our fee was P3,500.  maybe a little more.  Of course I was mad hot but at least we had known before it arrived.  The only other delivery we had while there was mail and one FedEx and there was no fee for them.  After talking to other residents I found this was the norm.  Also overall I was impressed with the subdivision management.  They were strict with rules but it seemed to be fairly enforced.  Their end of year report was maybe 10 pages with all details of incomes from various sources and details of all all expenses including who was paid.  The down side was the monthly fee was high.  Like most your monthly HOA is based on your land sq meter.  Where we built is less than half of SRE 1.  However the services show it.  I prefer here where it is more lax.

• Like 2

insite
Posted
Posted

Check the Deeds of Covenant , Conditions and Restrictions and By Laws and the HOA Magna Carta if available

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, insite said:

Check the Deeds of Covenant , Conditions and Restrictions and By Laws and the HOA Magna Carta if available

The poster said there was no HOA yet.