I'm still planning on moving...

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Well, we still have our plans on moving to the Philippines in October.  I'll be retired at the end of this month and reading the rules for foreigners coming into the country with a Filipina spouse, I should be good.

If we test negative then we'll do our quarantine at my wifes Inay's house and then look for a place of our own in Tagaytay or Lipa city.

I just put this topic out there because I know a few people are putting their moves on hold but in our case I see no reason to.

I've always tried to follow Warren buffets's advice and this one applies to more than money. "We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful." 

Any one else see something I might be missing in moving during this period in time?  Looking forward to hopefully hoisting a beer or two with some of you after the craziness subsides. :6::cheersty:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Best of luck to you both in your retirement and move to Tagaytay! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Any one else see something I might be missing in moving during this period in time?  Looking forward to hopefully hoisting a beer or two with some of you after the craziness subsides. :6::cheersty:

Agreed with Old55 above... I wish you the best on your move and hope it all goes smoothly (or as smoothly as possible). Drop by Davao some time when things settle and I will prepare a nice meal  and buy you some beers and/or wine. :cheers:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Balisidar said:

then we'll do our quarantine at my wifes Inay's house

Danger Will Robinson! :stop_80_anim_gif:

7 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Any one else see something I might be missing in moving during this period in time?

The one possible problem might be your choice of quarantine location. There is a thread here that shows requirements for incoming passengers. If memory serves one of them is showing reservations at an approved "quarantine" hotel. NOW things might and most probably will change between now and October, but its some thing to throw into the decision making matrix.

I think Jolly posted the slide, perhaps he can repost them here so you can see :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, scott h said:

Danger Will Robinson! :stop_80_anim_gif:

The one possible problem might be your choice of quarantine location. There is a thread here that shows requirements for incoming passengers. If memory serves one of them is showing reservations at an approved "quarantine" hotel. NOW things might and most probably will change between now and October, but its some thing to throw into the decision making matrix.

I think Jolly posted the slide, perhaps he can repost them here so you can see :thumbsup:

Thanks scott.  I'll definitely look into that.  My understanding was that if you test negative then you quarantine at your place of residence listed on your visa.  I'm this case my Inay's house.  But I'll keep an eye out on the rules.  THanks!😁👍

Edited by Balisidar
Spelling

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on the retirement mate!

I'd be interested to know how you go with obtaining flights, they're few and far between right now.  But as Scott said, a lot can change between now and October.  

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Well, we still have our plans on moving to the Philippines in October.  I'll be retired at the end of this month and reading the rules for foreigners coming into the country with a Filipina spouse, I should be good.

Good luck.

I'm sure you'll be fine, especially as you have your asawa to help smoooth the way.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Good luck.

I'm sure you'll be fine, especially as you have your asawa to help smoooth the way.  :thumbsup:

Did you say smooth the way, or to get in the way.... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Congratulations on the retirement mate!

I'd be interested to know how you go with obtaining flights, they're few and far between right now.  But as Scott said, a lot can change between now and October.  

Hi BrettGC, Thank you!  I have booked a flight with Asiana airlines so we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

a-7.jpg a-8.jpg a-9.jpg

Might have been these above? 

Foreign nationals under the visa categories shall be allowed entry to the Philippines subject to the following conditions:
Must have valid and existing visas at the time of entry. However, no new 9(a) entry visa application shall be accepted;
Must have a pre-booking with an accredited quarantine facility;
Must have a pre-booking with a COVID-19 testing provider; and
Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry.

• Like 2