I'm still planning on moving...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Balisidar said:

I'm this case my Inay's house.

see the above post from jolly,,,might be different in October who know.

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

a-7.jpg a-8.jpg a-9.jpg

Might have been these above? 

Foreign nationals under the visa categories shall be allowed entry to the Philippines subject to the following conditions:
Must have valid and existing visas at the time of entry. However, no new 9(a) entry visa application shall be accepted;
Must have a pre-booking with an accredited quarantine facility;
Must have a pre-booking with a COVID-19 testing provider; and
Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry.

Thanks JGF.  I'll have to look around and see how to go about doing that then.  I also reached out to the Philippine embassy in San Francisco CA to see if they can clear some stuff up.  I'll share what I find out.

Kind of annoying that this information isn't clearly visible on many sites I've visited.  NAIA should have this plastered to the top of their Facebook site.  

ahh well, If I have to do the above then that's the breaks.  I can hear the wife though.  "I don't want to stay and quarantine in Manila!  Expensive! " 😉  my response will be "Do you want to move now or not?" Hers will be " grumble, moan, complain then acceptance...begrudgingly " 😂😂

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Balisidar said:

NAIA should

just wait till you get here and immerse yourself in local society Brother..............You will find, "they should" "why don't they" "how come"  "why not" and "WTF!!!" will become your daily mantra :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

• Haha 4

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, scott h said:

just wait till you get here and immerse yourself in local society Brother..............You will find, "they should" "why don't they" "how come"  "why not" and "WTF!!!" will become your daily mantra :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

Lol.  Having lived in the Philippines in the 80s and 90s those sorts of questions did come to mind.   However when they rear their ugly head I just shrug and answer my own question with "It is what it is".  Living with a Filipina wife for 34 years has taught me a lot of patience.😉  

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

Having lived in the Philippines in the 80s and 90s those sorts of questions did come to mind

I guess you were here in the military.

I Know exactly what you mean, having been married for 27 to a pinay myself. But seriously, a little boots on the ground expo here. If you were here in the Navy or Airforce, you could always go back to the barracks, bitch, whine, moan and complain with your buddies and always get a laugh out of it. 

Here you will be on your own for the most part (one of the reasons every so often one of our members will go off the rails and rant about something.....completely understandable) and the longer you live here your good Asawa will become more immersed in her culture. If you start going off about something like you would back in the states....well now you are criticizing HER culture, and she will be concerned you are not happy here. 

Just a couple of days ago i got in deep water. My brother in law is stranded in Australia and living with his daughter and son in law for the past 4 months. Well soon they will be able to return and I made the off hand comment that "Boy, I be J (the son in law) will be happy to have his mother in law gone!" standard American joke

:wait_80_anim_gif: They are not like that !!!, says the Asawa. We like our families! :angry_80_anim_gif:

I have learned to :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2020 at 8:38 AM, Tommy T. said:

And live somewhere that doesn't have an alcohol ban! Tanduay or San Mig or Red Horse can help you acclimate.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy - life is short and getting shorter.  You need to move on to a good single malt. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy - life is short and getting shorter.  You need to move on to a good single malt. :tongue:

Maybe... was never a whiskey fan so much. Used to like Jack Daniels... but not any more...

But here we go again... we have veered off topic... and YOU are a moderator!!! Shame on us!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Shame on us!

:wait_80_anim_gif::pow::hystery:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Balisidar said:

I also reached out to the Philippine embassy in San Francisco CA to see if they can clear some stuff up.  I'll share what I find out.

As long as you keep in mind that things change a lot. Today should bring another round of changes as announcements are coming for this round of what quarantine stage each area is in such as MECQ or GCQ etc so who knows what else might change.

• Like 3