Balisidar

I'm still planning on moving...

On 7/27/2020 at 8:38 AM, Tommy T. said:

And live somewhere that doesn't have an alcohol ban! Tanduay or San Mig or Red Horse can help you acclimate.

Do you still have a ban there? Since we are off topic anyway :smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you still have a ban there? Since we are off topic anyway :smile:

Well... yes, still, as of this morning. But as you noted above, things could change today.

Tanduay and Red Horse can be had, however - at a premium price - if you know where to look...:cheers:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess this sort of should be here? I just read last night that most of the country is on MGCQ and selected locations are on GCQ. Cebu apparently has been eased to the GCQ and Davao City remains on MGCQ - if I understand the published data.

And here's an update regarding the liquour ban - still to remain in place until September 1 - with conditions:

>DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 31 July) – The city may lift its 24/7 liquor ban and reopen the bustling Roxas Night Market starting September 1, months after the local government prohibited mass gathering, among other strict measures, to control the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Mayor Sara Duterte said.

During her live interview over Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5) on Friday, Duterte said the local government is aiming to keep the COVID-19 cases here “low and manageable” in preparation for the gradual lifting of stringent measures.

She said she wanted residents to adjust to the “new normal” by getting used to the basic health protocols amid the pandemic.

She added she might just decide to allow the selling of alcoholic drinks if the number of COVID-19 cases would not spike up.

“We are still on the liquor ban. Let’s not celebrate too much because what we have lifted is just the FM (food and medicine) pass and curfew because we want you to self-regulate,” she said.<

So that leads me to believe that I won't need my food/medicine pass - at least for now?

10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I just read last night that most of the country is on MGCQ

Here in Metro Manila, we are still on gcq. We have been this way for a few weeks now. Frankly I sort of like it this way. All the restaurants that have survived have reopened for dine in. The malls are open and not crowded so we can stroll, window shop with out being jostled. Jeepneys for the most part are still banned so traffic is not like combat driving anymore. So life has not quite returned to normal, but the new normal thus far is rather enjoyable :thumbsup:

• Like 4