I'm still planning on moving...

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So you are now on home quarantine for 14 days or so?

Yes, not sure how they keep track but it really doesn’t make much sense since I’ve already been in the car with mask of course but I’m in the same home as my wife, niece, brother in-law,  and said ugly maid, actually I’m probably more likely to catch something from them since I was just tested and I flew business class with nobody really near me and the flight attendants are wearing full chem gear. I have an Exercycle that I can stay fit with since it’s raining anyway. 

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So you are now on home quarantine for 14 days or so?

When I was emailed the test results, down in the fine writing is a link to register for a medical certificate, I did and took a photo of a barcode, which I assume they registered somewhere, I think depending on where you live it’s on the honor system, maybe they do spot checks but I doubt it because there are a lot of returning OFWs, my wife did go to Bicol when I was gone and since they had right checkpoints they had to stay inside the house for 14days and then another 7 days were allowed to go out in the yard. It was also on the honor system but the neighbors turned one of my nieces in for being out on the patio.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

Well I’m back home since last night, landed in Manila at almost 4am and had my Covid results back by 2:30pm the same day, 3 hours in EDSA traffic and another 1.5 home. We have a new maid, I think my wife searched the whole Philippines for the ugliest woman and asked her if she wanted to be our maid, no other qualifications required. It’s good to be back anyway.

Welcome home, Heeb!

My partner would have similar qualifications as your wife's....except the maid really would have to be able to clean well - L is a real stickler for cleanliness...

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

It was also on the honor system but the neighbors turned one of my nieces in for being out on the patio.

That one would have caught me as well... everything I've read has always said that a roofed patio is part of the living area of your house.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Ugly maid, come-on, never seen one yet. :xmas_girl::hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, scott h said:

Our maid is so ugly I need to tie a bone around her neck so the dog will play with her. :hystery:

That sounds a bit cruel, Scott...:ohmy:

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Clermont said:

Ugly maid, come-on, never seen one yet. :xmas_girl::hystery:

That is what Arnold Schwarzenegger said and we know how that turned out. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Well, it happened as I expected.  Asiana airlines changed our flight date and messed up the connecting flight to Manila.  Since my wife and I had no desire to stay in south Korea for a week or two waiting on another connection (Any other time than now we would have loved it and toured Korea.).  We decided to take members advice and I've booked a flight from LAX on the 1st of October on Philippine Airlines.  Booked the flight over the phone and talked to an agent who assured me the flight was almost full and shouldn't be cancelled.

As expected a lot more questions.  I assured them I had a sealed VISA packet with me (13A).  I'll also have a stamped copy of my marriage license with me just in case, although that's also part of the package.

Now to make reservations with the Belmont hotel in Manila.

Fingers crossed and I'll let you know how things progress.😀😉

• Like 5
  • Sad 1